Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Life in Goa
4 Posts
Goancrazy I agree with you wholeheartedly. I live in Essex and work in London and frankly, I feel like a hamster on a wheel for most of the week and then I stop at the weekend and go to sleep. Only to start again on Monday morning!
The strange thing is, usually it takes me at least two days to wind down into a holiday but when i arrived in Goa it only took one drink at sunset!
Jackie
I think it's all a matter of perspective. I'm sure a lot of the bar staff/shack staff are run off their feet all week long so don't find Goa as peaceful and relaxed, especially when the tourists come. I don't knw how anyone can be relaxed in Calangute. Again as I do the charity stuff I run round like a headless chicken most of the day and look forward going to the UK to relax and unwind... :D - It's all in the perspective...
I agree Rob it's all in perspective, but I have to say I think the pressure and stress in England to earn the money and pay the bills kinda takes over our lives.

Don't think for a minuite I don't think that that pressure also existes in goa, especially for those who are not local and have to spend 6 months away from their family's. What I wanted to point out is the pace of life there. We go there for the lovely slow pace of life, and personally I love that. I order my meal have a drink, if it hasn't come I order another, and Ron and I watch the stars, with our feet in the sand and say how lovely it is. It is almost a surprise for us when the meal does arrive, because we have got so relaxed. LOL :lol:

We love goa for what it is, lol we know everyone there is out for what they can get out of you, but you have to laugh because they do it with such personality and a smile. In this country they'd be called first rate con men lol :lol:

Anyway love to u all

Jeannette (goancrazy)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.