Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Here's a link to the current bus timetable http://www.ando.gr/eot/eng/BUS.pdf
Buses leave from Krana - head out of Lambis and when you hit the main road take a left, the bus stop is just opposite Flora supermarket. I'd get the 7.30pm bus back though, I've heard it said that the last bus doesn't always run.
thanks marcuschap, thats a real help.really looking forward to our stay in lindos,I know you are a great fan and I always read your posts so roll on next wednesday
jeanie
We caught the bus into Rhodes Town twice (we were in Lindos late June this year).
They run pretty much on time, the fare is €4.60 single.

We caught both the 08:30am and the 09:30 (both times on a Saturday), you should get a seat on the outward journey but it's likely that it will get very busy the nearer you get to Town.
There's a small kiosk that you can buy tickets from just along from Flora supermarket, it opens around 09:00am but you can also pay on the bus.
As Marcus says, you need to be on the opposite side of the road from Flora for the bus into Town.

Coming back we caught the 4:30 pm and the 6pm buses.
The 6pm one was VERY busy, if you want a seat you'll need to be at the bus station maybe 30 minutes before time.
Again there is a kiosk for tickets, it will show the number of your bus so when you see it come in, get in the queue even if the bus driver wanders off for 15 or so minutes.

ETA
there is an Information Centre just down from where the bus drops you off in Town (as you walk towards the sea), they have free maps of Town and also times of buses up to the Acropolis if you're thinking of going there.
thanks prettypollycat
Did the acropolis trip by donkey many years ago, bit scary for me then so no chance now!
jeanie
Jeannie
I have a fear of falling (as opposed to a fear of heights) and I found it a bit hairy going up to Lindos Acropolis the steep route.
Luckily, we went quite early in the morning on one of the days that there are fewer tourist coaches visiting Lindos (Thursday) so I was able to walk on the inside.
Someone told me the route that the donkeys take is not as steep.
i think tourists miss out on the rhodes acropolis,it's not widely publicised,but then maybe that's a good thing as it's peaceful,whenever i have a night off work i like to ride up there and sit there watching the sunset and all the locals out running in the cool of the evening or walking their dogs,fantastic place purely for the view if nothing else.
Sam
It was actually the Stadium on the Acropolis site that impressed us, it was massive, we've never seen anything like it before.
Re the stadium,yes it's lovely,that and the theatre,funny thing is they both look like they were carved out of stone just yesterday despite having been there for centuries!
Re the stadium,yes it's lovely,that and the theatre,funny thing is they both look like they were carved out of stone just yesterday despite having been there for centuries!

Couldn't you just visualise the spectators sat around the arena, enjoying the games?

The OH & I were debating which were the 'best' seats in the house.

It was one of those unexpected but marvellous places that you sometimes come across.
ancient kamiros is excellent aswell,although it's more on the tourist 'must do' list so isn't as much of a find in the way rhodes acropolis is,but well worth a visit. also the zeus temple on the summit of mount attaviros,more for the view than anything,looking down on the whole island and miles out to sea from an ancient ruined temple is something you'll never forget,mind you it's a hell of a walk in the baking hot sun!
My daughter actually managed to take 3 rolls of film (pre-digital cameras!) at Ancient Kamiros 15 years ago. Cost a bomb to develop them.We also love Monte Smith and the stadium.
Hi,
I'm still reading up and gathering info on Rhodes, not sure if we are gonna get there this year or not but hopefully def. for next year if not.
People have been really good to me so far on this site
hi alexis,rhodes is a good choice,whenever you get there you won't be disappointed,it's a very special place
Numerous posts in this topic have now been edited or deleted to remove personal attacks and references to a certain member. Please do not bring issues from Trip Advisor on to Holidaytruths. If you have problems with someone on that site, please deal with them on that site. If you have problems with any member or post on Holidaytruths, please contact a member of the team or use the 'Report this post' function.

Many thanks
David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.