General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
The liquid content depends on the specific gravity of the cream so practically impossible to work out!

I would take several of the 50g sizes rather than the 100g size.

luci :wave
jaimec,

The scientific way is to place the items individually in a measuring cylinder full of water and measure their displacement. As 1ml of water weights 1g, the displacement in ml = thier weight in grams!! For the ones under 100g, you'll be fine but I'd agree with Luci, take several smaller ones. Just remember they need to be in a clear plastic bag of the correct dimensions. The alternative is to pack them in your suitcase.

Darren

PS it's the hand luggage thread you need.
Given levels of literacy and numeracy in this country and the fact that recruitment of staff at airports does not usually draw from the ranks of those with degrees in quantun physics I doubt that the staff at the airport will even be able to tell. Given that these creams will probably be 80 to 90% water anyway I would bet that 1g would have a volume of near as dammit 1cc or 1ml. If they even bothered to read the label I reckon they would read the 100 and not even register whether it is grams, mls or ccs (or probably even ounces with some of them)!

If you use the displacment method above of course it will include the volume of the container and any air inside. Eureka!
ah see I knew I could remember something from my physics classes a looonnggg time ago :rofl

I will take 2 of the 50g ones instead of the 100g one. I couldn't go 9 hours on a flight and not moisturise lol stupid excema!

thanks a lot for the replies :cheers :sun2
Jaimec, you might find the Belfast International Airport thread in Flight enquiries useful as well. Also if you look on Belfast International's website, you might find info on there.
As far as I am aware 100gm is 100ml - so 100gm tub would be the biggest you could take on your handluggage.
I just put the tubes in a plastic bag and no one has questioned how much it converts to fluid.
On the way home I put them in my hand luggage and have never been asked to remove them(Turkey)
Hi De Hi wrote:
Given levels of literacy and numeracy in this country and the fact that recruitment of staff at airports does not usually draw from the ranks of those with degrees in quantun physics I doubt that the staff at the airport will even be able to tell.

must be the same levels that some passengers possess, along with observation , because how they miss the enormous bright yellow signs displaying the information they need on passing through security is baffling, they even have pictures with crosses through items not allowed, for those with reading difficulties. The glazed expression on their faces when asked if they have any liquids, gels or pastes in their hand luggage would make you think they have no clue what a liquid, gel or paste is, some can't clearly understand what a sharp item is either.

the answer is 100g is slightly more than 100ml , but hey , not splitting hairs 100g would be allowed ! too busy all day trying to explain that water is a liquid, "but its water, not liquid" comes the reply !!! Doh!!!! :duh :duh no degree in quantum physics needed to understand that?
"but its water, not liquid" comes the reply !!

a couple of years back we had two irate women in front of us having 2x1lt bottles of Vodka taken from them, they caused havock shouting its not a liquid it vodka :que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.