Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi :wave:

You are looking at daily temperatures around 35 degrees (95f) maybe slightly higher, best to go out and about early then spend the afternoon poolside then go back out in the evening.

To be honest there are not really any sights as such in Sharm so you should have a good time chilling.

I would take a look at some hotels in your price range then come on check the reviews and ask us for information :tup

Graham
Thanks for the answer.

We were doing that in Turkey last year, which we found nice. Im looking forward to some warm weather to chill out :sun2 .

What would you say about sight seeing then? Would it be better to go somewhere else, would love to see the pyrimids if possible.

We havent really got a price range in mind, as we are not sure what the hotels are like. Would spend a little more if it got us a really nice place.
Hi

A trip to the Pyramids and Cairo is possible from Sharm, if flying it is a whole day trip starting about 4am and getting back about 11pm, if you go by coach it is a LOT longer, you can get a lot of good info HERE.

Generally you are better to choose a minimum of a 4* hotel, narrow your choice down to 4-6 hotels and check the reviews for them and come on and ask about them.

Personally I can recommend The Sonesta Beach Resort which is in a very good location just on the edge of Naama Bay and has excellent facilities, however there are several other hotels that are excellent and get good reviews.
It it's ancient Egyptian sites you want to see, then Sharm is probably not the best place to be located.

If however, you want to spend most of your holiday on a beach and swimming in the sea with just a quick glimpse of the Pyramids - then that's probably the best place for you.

If you want to visit some of the historical sites and are happy to spend your week by a swimming pool - I would recommend a week in Luxor.

You probably won't get to see the Pyramids (it is possible, but it will take time out of your short week) but you can visit the West Bank and Valley of the Kings to see the tombs and Tutenkhamun's burial tomb (costs a bit extra) as well as the Luxor Temple within a short stroll of most of the hotel accommodation.

You can fly from Luxor to Cairo in an hour or you can take an overnight train and spend a full day there, travelling back again overnight by train (approx 55USD per person). But as I said, this will take time out of your holiday hotel. You can check out flight costs on Egyptair's own website http://www.egyptair.com

Flying midweek from Luxor at 07.50 and arriving Cairo at 09.00 with return from Cairo at 23.50 landing back in Luxor at 00.50 the next morning is coming out at a little less than 189GBP for 2 people.

Generally, we take the overnight train but for only a weeks duration, I would fly.

Enjoy!

We love Luxor and we're off again in September for a week from Cyprus. Much easier for us now we live here as flights are around an hour to Cairo and the same from Cairo to Luxor.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.