Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Faliraki is actually a good family resort despite what the press liked to print a few years back,aside from bar street(one small road where all the late night 'action' takes place)there's plenty for a family to see and do,one of europe's biggest water parks,miles of beaches with water sports,loads of bars that are more adult and family/couple orientated and probably the best place to stay for transport into rhodes town,you'll only see the more boisterous antics if you go in a small handful of bars after 11pm and to be honest even then it's not 'wild' like it was 10 years or more ago,many of those bars are now gone or now have more of a chilled out atmosphere,you see a lot of families down bar street at night in places like champers,jamaica etc,even ones with young kids.

Other than that Pefkos is nice although there's not as much to do there away from the bars
thanks for the reply samba c, would you be able to give any advice on kremasti, a person i worked with said they had a great time there, as a resort i have never heard of it, thanks in advance
Hi Bootle, I lived in Kremasti for a little while and while it's a great, friendly little village, it's not at all lively (unless you're there for the August festival). I imagine your teenagers would be bored silly.
as above,not much in kremasti at all really,nearby resorts like trianda are pretty much the same too,ixia has more but that whole side of the island is dominated by all inclusive resort complexes geared for more international guests with little entertainment and the beaches are all shingle and battered day and night by heavy winds,i think with teens you'd be constantly feeling the need to travel around to other resorts to find things to do,the northern end of faliraki would be my recommendation all day long for things like the waterpark,go karts etc and the more family orientated bars and so on,many other resorts really are geared more for couples,families with younger kids or the 'europeans' :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.