Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
The 3 star Hotel Lloyd is situated on Avenida Carlota Allesandri, the main road out of Torremolinos to Benalmadena. The train station is about a 15-20 minute walk away.But there is a bus stop near. Busses pass here at least every 15 minutes.
As we seem not to have any reviews for this hotel perhaps on your return you could post a review in our Hotel Review section. In the meantime if you want to have a look here it will give you some indication of what to expect.

Our hotel reviews are located here I shall ask admin to add it to the list of hotels.
thanks very much pipe fitter the walk will do me good :yikes
ok mr mod i will write a review when i get back. :tup
Thanks headlander look forward to reading the review.
Folks

I stayed in a private apartment behind the Lloyd last week, but it seems to be closed. Is it a seasonal hotel?

I liked the look of it and am curious.

Thanks
Jilly
Hi jill i hope its not closed on march 3. :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes
Will be in the area end of Feb on business.Will try and see if its open and post.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As un update. I have been informed that the hotel is closed untill the 29th of Feb.So it should be open on the 3rd?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and more, this is the phone number 0034 952 050 009
Pipefitter will correct me if I am wrong, but instinct tells me that the rail stop to get off for a shorter walk to the Lloyd Hotel would be Montemar.
Debatable whether it is a shorter walk.Thing is you have to walk through the private urbanization first,and if you cant speak spanish to ask directions? then walk back towards Torremolinos to the Lloyd once you get on to Ave Carlota Allezandri.
You and I have the advantage of knowing our way around the area.I would advise someone who didnt to get of at Torremolinos train station and catch a bus.
I'll agree with Pipefitter, Montemar Alto train station is no quicker than getting off the train at Torremolinos and walking by the side of the main road towards la Carihuela, if you look at the map, then you will see that the train track goes away from the coast after Torremolinos.

I haven't been up there for a while, but the new la bateria park is now open and may have altered the route.

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/7180/tor0ph.jpg

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiii
The "hybrid" version of this map reveals both Bateria Park and the Lloyd Hotel. It struck me when I headed past on the train last month that walking down through the park might have been the quicker route to the main road, but am happy to bow to the dependable Pipefitter and Sanji on this one.
http://www.quehoteles.com/plano-torremolinos-12205E
If this helps, here is the bus timetable. The buses are every half hour and stop just outside the hotel. Also on the Calle Casada at the side of the hotel Lloyd there is a taxi rank. I was worried there wouldnt be one there when I needed it so I asked one of the drivers and he gave me the taxi firms card and told me to ring them if necessary. Taxi fare ranged from 17-20 euros.

http://www.ctsa-portillo.com/horarios.html

Jilly
I have been allocated another hotel
the same price and the same board basis.
hotel las palomas, is it very far from railway station?
cheers
john
It appears that the hotel lloyd wont be open for 3 march. :que
About the same distance John.The Las Palomas is almost opposite the Lloyd, on the corner of C/ Carmen Montes and Ave Carlotta Allezandri
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.