Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Local wine?
12 Posts
majorcan I do not think so, at least ive not found any
ICF

Of course there are, wines from the bodega Ferrer of Binnisalem are of excellent quality.

Enjoy!

Dave :tup
There are two bodegas in the market sq Santa Maria del Cami.
Cheers I will give them a try :cheers
Are the bottle prices cheaper than the uK?
ICF

The wines produced by Jose Ferrer of Binnisalem are not cheap but as I said earlier are of very good quality, it is very difficult to compare prices as there are so many different qualities and I don't know about you but I find in the UK the most expensive is not always the best to my palate.

I will be pleased to hear your opinion of the Mallorcan wines.

Dave. :)
Thanks for that I will let you know how we get on with the Mallorcan wine
WE tried many wines in Majorca and found them of varying quality.The rule of you get what you pay for seemed it apply (but not always).Our favourite red wine was actually Majorcan (Binissalem area) Macia Batle 2007 for 6.25 euros.The best white wine we had was Los Molinos Valdepenas for 1.83 euros
Thank's for your update, I'm glad that you enjoyed the wine, off to Madrid in three weeks so hope to try a few.

Good Luck

Dave :cheers
There are now over 50 wine estates in Mallorca producing over 300 different bottles of white rose and red wines. Many of the local wine estates have received European and international awards for their wines

On the whole they are more expensive than wines from mainland Spain but greater care is taken in producing the wines. We have tried many excellent wines from the island. We have ended up visiting a lot of these wine estates. Some of them are now open to visitors with most only by appointment.

There is a website called skybluemallorca that has a section on 15 wine estates in English.

Enjoy
ICF Los Molinos (red) has been a favorite of ours for a few years, we tend to be able to find it in quite a few places in mainland Spain, not found it in Majorca yet, where did you find it. We have tried a few different variations of it including a reserve, all were very good. I must remember to try a white. I quite like rose and most of the ones I have tried have been very good if served well chilled.
Campo Alto (red) was a very nice wine we did try, only seen it in Majorca, it doesn`t taste as nice back here as we brought a bottle back, it must be the lack of sunshine we have in the uk.
We bought all our wine from Eroski supermarket in Santa ponsa in fact there are two Eroski's very close to each other in Santa ponsa.
We also tried a rosa Los Molinos for 1.75 euros but it was a bit harsh in our opinion :yuck
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.