UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Lochs and Glens
10 Posts
Hi Sue :wave:
I haven't used Lochs and Glens but, I can help you a bit.
The company is a family run company and are based just beside me and I can confirm that within the local area they have a very good reputation and their busses are very modern and first class.

I presume you are staying in the Loch Achray hotel which is a very nice hotel and I am sure you will really enjoy it there. The hotel is situated in the Trossachs which has some of the most stunning scenery and also makes an ideal base for exploring the area.

Must warn you that the area can be bad for midges, I recommend that you use some Avon Skin So Soft Replenishing Dry Oil Body Spray to help keep them away which you should be able to get from your Avon rep.

Graham
We travel up to Scotland regularly along the A66, M6 and M74 and see the Lochs and Glens coaches travelling along there, sometimes 3 at a time. As Kiltman-Graham has said they look very modern and in good condition.
We also stay at Loch Achray often at Tigh Mor which belongs to the 'Holiday Property Bond' The Trossachs Hotel is nearby and looks very nice. The area is stunningly beautiful. Loch Katrine is very close and there is a lovely cafe on the lochside at nearby Loch Venachar (the harbour cafe)
My parents have been on several holidays with Lochs and Glenns and will probably book again. They've always had good hotels, good food and really enjoyed themselves :tup
The only downside according to my Dad is the coach tours, for him you didn't get enough time to explore places like Edinburgh but he says that's the norm on organised tours, he's used to a bit more independence and taking things at his own pace.
Thanks for your replies. They all sound positive and it seems that we have chosen a
very attractive area.
We stayed at Braemar last October and visited Aberdeen and surrounding area and had a lovely holiday and beautiful weather.
Sue
Today I have booked another Lochs and Glens holiday in Scotland.
Has anyone been to their Loch Awe Hotel please?
We really enjoyed the tour last year to Lock Achray.
Sue
Hi again Sue

I presume you have seen the Lochs and Glens website for this holiday http://www.lochsandglens.com/HotelAwe.asp

see also THESE reviews.

If you get the chance take a tour of the Cruachan Power Station which is located deep within Ben Cruachan on the shores of Loch Awe http://www.visitcruachan.co.uk/about/

Graham
Hello Graham
Thanks for the link to the reviews.
They do do a tour of the Cruachan Power Station on one of the L & G holidays so we may get to visit it sometime, but this holiday the days out are all planned.
Regards Sue
We went to Loch Awe on our Lochs and Glens tour and it was a lovely hotel with great food and good entertainment.
We enjoyed trips to Oban and Fort William and a trip on Loch Lomond. We had mixed weather with snow showers on one morning which was really picturesque where it joined the snow still left on the mountain tops.
We saw two more of the Lochs and Glens hotels and will definitely be going on some more of their holidays They are very good value.
Sue
We have had some really good value for money holidays with Lochs and Glens in the past but our recent booking had to be cancelled because of the death and funeral of my young niece. The small print did say that cancellation would result in losing 60% of the cost of the holiday. Fair enough but when I telephoned to cancel I requested an identical holiday a week later so that I could attend the funeral. The response was a brusque 'we can't do that'. Totally unsympathetic and uncaring. So make sure you have insurance in the event this happens to you. The attitude of Lochs and Glens was in marked contrast to the sympathy and understanding of the person I dealt with at my insurer Aviva. Needless to say we will not use Lochs and Glens again, no matter how good their holidays have been in the past.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image