Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
Login problems
18 Posts
yes its the same for me too.....and everytime i come to the site without logging in...its showing the xmas theme. when i log-in it then changes to the normal screen.
Hi

Do you click logout when you leave the board or just close your window?

Have you used the clear all board cookies option before closing the window?

Van
I personally just close the window.

I dont have cookies on a mac, well dont think so anyway :shock:

I don't log out.
i just close the window when leaving the site....like i always used to do.

at the moment i've ticked the box asking the site to "remember me" but it keeps forgetting me everytime.

not sure about this cookie thing. will have a little look for that.
I just rebooted my computer and opened IE and was straight away logged in.

Mark :D
right...i've cleared my cookies...or i think i have.....have started again...rebooted my computer and the site still doesnt remember me.

i'm not too worried though.....i can live with it...so long as i can remember my password...its not the end of the world having to log in each time.
I am using XP with IE .. i loged onto the new site weds am ticked the remember me box and have not been logged out since... i use the all forums marked [top right hand side of the page] and close ie at the tabs..

which isp are you using ?? i understand that on the old site we had problems with some of them [not sure about this one yet too new]

wizard
I am on Mozilla and have the same problem.Have to log in each visit.

I have just tried with IE and come out and gone back in and I am still logged in.

I did said No when I was asked if I wanted Windows to remember me.

fwh
sorry....how do i know what ISP i'm using?

I'm using IE7..if thats any help.

i;ve just seen the ...clear all board cookies bit at the bottom of the forum and clicked on that but thats made no difference.

i've just realised that when i log on my computer is asking if it wants me to let it remember my log in details...i keep saying yes but when i go to log in it hasn't been remembered.
oooooooo!!! solved it for me!!!!

i always used this link to access the site..... http://holidayforums.co.uk/ but thats the one thats doesn't want to know me!!

i've also got this link..... http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/ and i'm fine on that one. woooo hoooo problem solved.

he he he...sorry about that..x
Glad your sorted Medot.

holidyforums was used when we had the server crash last year and is now sort of obsolete.

yes...i remember...i think thats why i had the two links.

i'll delete that holidayforums one now. thanks..x
I have just deleted holidayforums one and it seems OK now.

fwh
Thanks to all for contributing here as we appear to have found the reason for members not being able to remain logged in.

Brilliant!!! Thanks for solving it medot.

luci :wave
Thanks for this thread, was having the same problem but it seems to be sorted now :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.