General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
you could do rail to Greece and boat to Lemesos but i haven't a clue at what cost or timings

wizard
Are there no merchant ships that could take you. I know a work collegue went to Argentina this way and it saved him a fortune.
http://www.seat61.com/Cyprus.htm

I don't know if the mods will leave the link above so just type in google the words 'london to cyprus by coach' and about the 3rd one down is a site all about it!
Thank you everyone for your quick and helpful suggestions. I will start enquiries.

Trish
Hi Trish 1968,
If you Google German railways and click on the English version, enter London Waterloo to Athenes(german spelling) and follow instructions it will produce your route via lots of cities, Paris, Koln, Vienna, Beograd etc and onto Athens. I'm afraid it's about 50 hours to get to Athens. I didn't check onwards from Athens, as you can probably get a ferry from the port of Pireaus to Cyprus. It didn't have advanced prices for the train,so you may have to contact the German railways office in London. Good Luck!! :D
Thank you Polisian for your reply, thats very helpful.

Trish
I'll second the suggestion from Chivas69. Seat61 is a brill site for travel long distance without using planes.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.