Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
i dont know where you would start to look, but, you could try the horizon hotel calangute,there were a few people who were staying there for 4 months and longer,they said they just booked flights and then booked the hotel,
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/india/goa/calangute/horizone-hotel/,
that should give you more info, :)
Book a hotel for a week or so and ask around when you are there.
You dont want to stay in hotel long term ! Get a apartment with a cooker cause you wont want to go out every day and eat . My friend in Goa has so far found me 2 apartments for rent in Goa for 10.000 rs a month but i have already paid a deposit on last years apartment and i really like it there .
I'm with KatieP - Book a few nights somewhere and walk round asking. Our volunteers tend to get places from 5,000 upto 9,000 a month, although as you get closer to Christmas the harder it gets... One volunteer is staying in a 2bed 2 bath house for 7,000, others staying in single be places for 6,000...
Thanks for the advice - I'm expecting to have to book a hotel for a week or so and finding somewhere once there.

Any suggestions for the best places to ask though ?

Jim
this lady has apartments for long termers her name is jasmine
jamu_99@hotmail.com
Asking for places... Basically just walk around and ask shop owners, taxi drivers etc, it might be better to look on the outskirts as less tourists and it's actually a bit nice as not so busy... Most people should know somewhere... There's litterally thousands of places available....
I find if you ask a taxi driver he then gets a cut of the rent you pay . I go into a bar where the long term British drink and ask any of them cause they now where there are apartments for rent.
My friends has just got a 1 bedroom apartment in Sun Park just off the Baga road. Has swimming pool and tv with Tata Sky. all in the price .Its in a really nice setting.No road noise at all ,its just noisy when people come in late . I have never stayed in a apartment in Goa thats was 100% perfect yet . Its always noisy with traffic and people , too hot if its top floor .Or seems to be apartment that always on a power cut or no water !
Looks like monthly rents are coming down on luxury apartments. Too many it would seem.

Drastic drop in Goa rentals

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Goa/Drastic_drop_in_Goa_rentals/articleshow/3621377.cms
Looks like I may fall on my feet with this .........
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.