Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
We stayed in the Platomare back in Oct 2006.
The rooms are a little basic but the room we had (2A,2c) was a really good size.Limited cooking facilities and no TV - exactly what it tells you in the brochure ! Nice pool, tennis court, pool table and table tennis.
Friendly and helpfull staff.

You can get reasonably priced food in the hotel but the choice was a bit limited - probably due to the fact that it was shutting for the season on the day we left.

2 mins from the beach and 10 mins walk along the beach path to the centre of town. A few bars and restaurants 5 mins the other way near the Anistasia Hotel.

Would we stay there again - yes !

John
Dan

We stayed in Platomare last June and had a great time. It's not actually in Protaras it's in Pernera but you can walk into Protaras up along a beach path takes about 20mins or so last year in the heat wave took us slightly longer as it was killing us lol Taxi's are quite cheap too, around 4cyp and usually a bit cheaper if you don't mind sharing. Jean and the rest of the people at Platomare are great can't do enough for you. Unfortunately when we went to book they were booked up for our dates.

If you go to cyprus-maps . co .uk and click on protaras you'll see all the accomodation. Platomare is number 105 grid ref E6. On averge last year we spent about 80 cyp per day between 2 of us and we ate out 3 meals a day and had drinks. We budgeted around 100cyp but spent a little less than that. Not sure what you'd need now with the euro, couldn't be much more except the bad exchange rate £ to euro.

Accomodation is very basic like it says in the brochure but it's clean and if you're like us you don't spend much time in the Apts anyway.

If I can help with anything else just let me know

Louise
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.