Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
See below on how people become infected by Norovirus:

Noroviruses are found in the stool or vomit of infected people. People can become infected with the virus in several ways:

* by eating food or drinking liquids that are contaminated with norovirus,

* by touching surfaces or objects contaminated with norovirus, and then placing their hand in their mouth, and

* by having direct contact with another person who is infected and showing symptoms (for example, when caring for someone with illness, or sharing foods or eating utensils with someone who is ill).

Persons working in day-care centers or nursing homes should pay special attention to children or residents who have norovirus illness. This virus is very contagious and can spread rapidly throughout such environments.

The problem is that people on holiday who are ill with sickness and diarrhea selfishly still insist on going in the swimming pool and trying to carry on with their holiday thus exposing other holidaymakers to their symptoms.

In confined areas such as hotels and cruise ships it's only a matter of time before healthy people are contaminated.

Shell
Limassol, Cyprus
hobnobs44

At the top of this forum are the contact details of Simpson Millar who are travel solicitors who work in conjunction with the holidaytruths site.

If you do not receive reasonable replies from Thomson on this I would contact them for advice. I think the first phone call is free, it sounds very serious. I hope you have kept all paperwork especially the letter you were given at the begining of your holiday more or less implying they know the hotel has norovirus.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.