Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Not bad but doesnt Bluetooth work on the same frequency for ALL units so it would give a false reading.
not if every device had its own name which is very easy to change, i've changed the name on my mobile phones easy enough
Not sure if this is worth the grief, even if technologically possible. I mean the airline is not going to hold up a flight because one persons suitcase has not registered on their phone.

And if your that person you'd be sitting on the flight worrying about your bag not being on the plane...I think ignorance is bliss in this instance better to find out the bad news upon arrival at destination.
Airlines should be 'named and shamed' over lost bags

'Name and shame' league tables should be published to produce a record of airlines' performance over lost bags.

The call came as British Airways was forced to apologise for its record over lost luggage last year.

The carrier has admitted to the Air Transport Users Council that its performance in 2006 was not acceptable and it apologised to customers.

Major European airlines mishandled more than 5.6 million bags in 2006. But the figure only applies to the 24 airline members of the Association of European Airlines.

"We can only speculate on what the total might be for all airlines worldwide," the AUC said.

BA was the worst performing airline for mishandled luggage, according to AEA statistics released by the AUC. Then came TAP Air Portugal, Lufthansa, Air France, Alitalia, KLM, Luxair, Iberia, LOT Polish Airlines, Finnair, Austrian Airlines and SAS.

The AUC said: "When passengers hand over their suitcases at check-in they should be able to expect to see them the other end. We therefore look to airlines to do all they can to improve baggage handling.

"We would like to see 'name and shame' league tables on as wide a geographical basis as possible to encourage airlines to avoid baggage problems in the first place.

"EC-wide league tables published by the European Commission would be a good place to start."

The AUC added that compliants it has received show that instances of mishandled luggage can cause considerable stress, inconvenience and expense to passengers.

"They also show that passengers often stuggle to get reasonable redress from airlines after the event," the AUC added.

With permission from Travelmole
You dont need to hold up airlines, they could be informed of the missing bag, and bluetooth named reference and hopefully you would get it a day later

I know if I arrived at destination and my bag was no where to be found, I would want to know where it is.

Last year I thought BA Connect Glasgow-Manchester had lost my suitcase, as it did not appear on the conveyor belt, I was only to find out later I was at the wrong conveyor belt.
Hi

My daughter and her friend have today flown from Glasgow to Prague with FlyGlobespan, their luggage never went with them so they don't have any clothing, toiletries etc.
Am I right in saying that the airline (Globespan) are obliged to pay compensation for reasonable and essential purchases made i.e. underwear, change of clothes, toiletries etc ?

The pair of numptys have forgotten to take the details of their insurance company so they can't even contact them for assistance / advice :whoops

Thanks for any advice
Graham
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.