Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
We are flying out to the Imperial Beach, Paphos on 30th December, and were wondering what to do for New Years Eve. I have checked the hotel's webiste and they do organise a Gala Night. But that is as far as the website tells you, the price is very reasonable, but it says nothing of what the price includes. I should be very grateful for any information if you were there last year. Thank you in advance
Please does anyone know the email for louis imperial paphos thanks
Here you go

LOUIS IMPERIAL BEACH ****
PAFOS

Poseidon Ave. 8042 rooms: 242
P.O.Box: 60284, 8101 beds: 484

tel: 26965415
fax: 26964293
email: imperial.cy@louishotels.com

operator: Louis Hotels Public Company Ltd

copyright matirial courtesy of the CTO

wizard
We stayed there over New Year (10 days in total), and what a fantastic hotel it is. The Gala dinner (included in our half board price) was out of the world - 7 courses (drinks extra), party hats etc, entertainment/music, dancing, the dining room was beautifully laid out - very professional and spot on service. Everyone dressed up and looked lovely - most tables of 8 people, you don't know who you are sitting with (if there is just 2 of you), you get an envelope in your room giving you a table number, so you get to meet other people on the night, would highly recommend it. We brought in the New Year in the dining area first then went upstairs and had "another" new year because of the time difference, as they had put on a disco too.

The choice of food for breakfast/dinner/snacks is spot on, something for everyone. Staff extremely helpful and polite.

To be honest I think we were the youngest in the hotel that time of year, but we thoroughly enjoyed it (48 and 44). The entertainment team were the only people younger than us. Games going on all day every day (darts, archery, shuffle board, indoor bowls etc etc, plus quiz afternoons, tea/cake afternoons. Evening entertainment "every" night.

We were a bit unlucky with the weather, which didn't bother us as the hotel made sure you were occupied. We are going back to its sister hotel, Patheon, this year.

Imperial Beach, well worth every penny.
Hi :lol:

I am looking to book two week holiday 5th April 2008 at the Louis Imperial Beach. I have read the reports and they look excellent. I would like a really nice room with a great view. My husband will not use lifts so we always ask for a low floor. Is it worth paying the extra for a sea view as some reports say you get one anyway.
I would be grateful if anyone has been who could offer advice.

Also do you think the weather will be okay then?

Thanks Marie
I think if you want to guarantee a sea view then book one, as some of the rooms overlook the mountain side, and when I was staying next door last year, I seem to recall there was some building work going on in front of the hotel.

Kath HT Admin
This will be our third time this year always book a pool view rather than a sea view at the louis, because some sea view rooms only have a limited view were as if you get a pool view it is guaranteed a view of the sea as well as the hotel is in like a half moon
Hi
:lol:
Thanks for everyone's replies.
I intended to book online through thomsons website as a whole package. You have the option to book a sea view room for £84 but it does not mention a pool view room.
Would I just book the standard room and then e-mail the hotel for a pool view?

Anyone know about the weather for that time of the year?

Thanks again
Marie
I emailed them after I had booked with thompson requesting a pool view they emailed back 48 hours later confirming a pool view so in my opinion I would not pay for the sea view bit sneaky i know any other questions please feel free to ask
a judy :lol:

Thanks for your comments.

Is this hotel in a good location? Only been to Ayia Napa before never Pathos. We like to be central not in the middle of nowhere. Low key entertainment will do or nice walks in the evening with a stop now and then at some nice watering holes!

Is there building work going on near or around the hotel?

There are so many hotels to choose from to be honest I am bog eyed from reading all the reviews.!

So do you reckon if I book online and just pay the standard room, then email the hotel and ask for a pool view, will they reply to me straight away with the booking being months away. If they say no I can always opt to pay can't I? What do you think?
Do you know what the weather is like in April 5th - 19th?
Thanks
Marie
I am in the middle of trying to book a holiday for me, my partner, my mum and her sister and 2 of my cousins for next August as we are going to my brothers wedding in Paphos.

We thought we had settled on staying at the Louis Imperial Beach Hotel but after reading comments on this hotel on other threads on this board I am getting a bit worried and don't want them all to blame me if they don't enjoy their stay.

I have read the reviews on this site but wonder if anyone could clarify a few things or suggest another hotel (my brother is staying at the Iberostar Ledra Beach as he has kids and its all inclusive so suits him). We would have stayed at the Athena Beach, however it is only B&B and costs more to stay for the same lenght of time and the others want Half Board cos they think they get the better deal.

Are you able to put your own drinks in the mini bar fridge and is there a charge?
How much are the safety deposit boxes to hire?
Are you allowed to take your own drinks to the pool area or are you only allowed to consume what is bought at the pool bar?

Any help would be appreciated as we are looking to book tomorrow!

thanks
Hi just back last week from louis 3rd visit there it is a lovely hotel rooms are getting a bit dated but clean food deliciousright on beach.You can use the fridge they call it a mini bar just ask them to remove all their drinks from there but they will charge you to use the fridge.Not sure how much because I emailed them before and said I had medication I neede to keep refrigerated and would I be charged to use the fridge They emailed back to say no charge which I wasnt charged(by the way medication was eye drops for hay fever) not fibbing but I dont see why when stopping in a 4 star hotel and paying those prices I should pay extra for a fridge.The safety deposit I believe was 17 cyp pounds for the week not 100% sure exactly what it was but around that price. There is a sign up saying no food or drink of your own round ther pool but as with any where everyone was going to the local sandwich shop for drinks and sandwiches and bringing them back to the pool and no one says anything at all
Forgot to say red hot in august and there is no building work at all feel free to ask any more will try to be of help
When we stayed at the Imperial, about 4/5 years ago now, they were charging 3 Cyp per day for the fridge :yikes
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.