Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
;) Normal backpacks! We take them on every holiday now and when we went to Goa it was great to just sling them straight onto our back and out before the porters got their hands on them! Lighter than suitcases and can fit much more into them! THINK ours are 55 litre capacity.
Hi Betty Boop
Thanks for your reply

We are thinking more on the lines of a hard shell suitcase.
The ones we have had before though either popped their zips or the wheel fell off.
That was with European baggage handlers. So I don't think they would make it alive to India.

We will keep looking

Cheers

Steve
Thing is with the hard shell case or any case come to that is they weight quite a bit BEFORE you put your luggage in. We've still got bottles of Honeybee packed inside our backpacks on return journey wrapped in towels :rofl You'd be surprised JUST how much you can pack into a backpack ;) AND take your pillow too! :rofl
we bought a couple of sub g utra light cases.
A bit pricey and I had my doubts about their strength.
They have done 1x Goa (change at Doha) and 2x Greece without any apparent damage.
Cheers Del

I will give them a Google

Steve
I'm quite impressed with my Sub Zero case.
I'm with you on that one Betty Boop. Rucksacks are soooo practical!

Manage to travel with around 12kg each year, all I need and room for some goodies to bring home.
Not so good if you suffer with a bad back though.
We (I) use a purpose made rucksack for the laptop which usually gets filled with whatever booty we manage to acquire on the way through.
This is why I am after something easy to drag.
Don't normally have any trouble with porters we sometimes even use them.
They soon know that we know they are paid to do their job and that they don't just work for tips.
Do pay, but not too much. Everyone needs to earn a buck or two.
We use two large hold all type bags with wheels and handles. We find them better and sturdier than suitcases. We used tu buy Antler ones but as we travel several times a year they eventually needed replacing. The present ones are into their second year, We bought them in Aldi, cheap as chips, and every bit as good and sturdy as Antler or other premier brands.
Alan
me too Gramps, we have just renewed ours after 7 years!!! they are massive, have a pull out pull along handle same as on the suitcases and they are soo very flexible as you can fit things in of any shape or size, Mike and i have tried many different alternatives over the years but these are the best .... they sound pretty much what you have already been using Steve, also i agree about suitcase weights!!! holdalls are so light by comparion.but we do buy good quality ones
chilly
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.