General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Got same ones (or what appear to be same ones) from TJ Hughes for £2.99
same as the ones in poundstretcher for £2.99
merged in t the existing [comprhensive] thread

wizard
rwb46 wrote:
Found these for £4 this includes delivery be quick as the last time they ran out of stock the same day.

http://www.ministryofdeals.com/

Mine arrived this morning thanks. :tup

(I couldn't get any in Poundstretcher or TJ Hughes)
i got the TJ Hughes £2.99 ones on Friday when I was in (also bought some new suitcases, cheap as, £14.95 for 22" pink constellation one :D) but I haven't tried them out...not going til june 2010 but couldn't resist the bargains!
Now that most people have them, how are you finding your suitcases,
Underweight? Overweight?
make sure they are just under,been charged before.waiting for transfer 04.00 so will be weighing cases very shortly.
I suppose a lot depends on how accurate the particular scales you use are, you can by sets of scales from £1 in shops or there are other digital sets that can cost in excess of £20.
Are the cheap mechanical sets as accurate as the more expensive digital sets or perhaps it is vise versa? of course the big question is how accurate are the luggage scales at the airport?

I remember reading that one in five of all the scales at Gatwick Airport when measured by trading standards were giving higher weight readings than the actual weight of the luggage and at one particular airline 10 out of their 18 scales were wrong :que
Where is the best place to get value for money luggage scales?
I have a spring balance [very accurate but quite heavy] cost around £8 some years ago, we also have a set of scales [not so accurate but close enough] which cost £1 4 weeks ago from.... Poundland
Digital scales are £7.99 inc delivery HERE They weight up to 44kgs.

luci :wave
Ive just dug my 2.99 scale sout that pretty accurate, i just hope that im not over, alsways panic at check in.. :sun2
Netto has didgital scales for £6.99 but that was a while ago.

Very accurate - checked them with bags of sugar :)

John.
pound shop had them last week ! But i have the digital ones nearly got some wish i had now !
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.