UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Hi there, and welcome... can you give us some idea of your budget... there are some really good places up there, but you'll pay up to £200pppn if not more......

More info please, and do you want to be nearer Glasgow, Or Loch lomond?

ATB,J.
Hi Merseygull!

£200 pppn, when there are 15 of us, really? That would make the lodge 3 grand a night!
I think we'd be looking for somewhere considerably cheaper, preferably on Loch Lomond.
Many thanks for the warm welcome and your reply x
£200 pppn, when there are 15 of us, really?

'Fraid so depending on the time of year you want to go. And whether you'll mind sharing beds! And even if you don't mind, you could need up to 3 lodges as most are geared up to families and few of the more upmarket ones in the better class resorts accomodate more than 6 people (and at least one of the rooms will only have a double bed in it and those that can also sleep 2 people in the living area will have a double bed settee in that too. Another thing to bear in mind is that many of the best lodges are only bookable for a minimum 3 night stay which will bump the per night cost up if you only want the use of it for 2 nights.

Also, a lot of the better ones, in my experience aren't within easy walking distance of pubs - they tend to be located in beautiful rural surroundings and often have only got planning permission for the development because there are no immediate neighbours eg in the grounds of a country estate of country hotel etc and so I have no personal knowledge of something that might suit you. However, as Merseygull says, a bit more info on your budget might help others make recommendation.

SM

PS Have you thought about a hotel in Glasgow itself?
Hi there.

I know it's not exactly what you are looking for but try this link:

http://www.argyllholidays.com/lochgoilhead-drimsynie-estate-holiday-park-lodges.html

There is not much in the local vicinity (a pub/hotel and shop) but there is plenty on the site. Swimming pool, jacuzzi, indoor ice rink etc.
For night time there is a dinner/dance,disco (with live band) and karaoke.The meals in the Restaurant are good and reasonably priced although you could do all your cooking in the well equipped lodges.
When I was there last year there were a couple of hen nights going on.
The lodges are large,comfortable and well equipped. I don't know your details but a 3 bedroomed (2 en-suite) Lapwing lodge arriving on the 1st of July for 3 nights would cost around £400 for 6 people.This is the total cost,so it would work out around £70 each! At that price you could leave a day early if you needed to be back at work on the Monday.As well as Friday Arrivals, I think they do Mondays too.

You can always try these other links:

http://www.cameronhouse.co.uk/cameron-house/lodges/introduction.html

http://www.hoseasons.co.uk/lodges/?isdlnk=1&ispkmd=false

The Cameron House Hotel is THE premier hotel on the banks of Loch Lomond. The Hoseasons site can throw up some good prices. Nothing ventured, nothing gained! Please bear in mind that if you are planning on going to the likes of Loch Lomond in the summer months, then you will need PLENTY of insect repellant!
I hope some of this is of some use to you. If you need any help then please feel free to get in touch.

David
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.