Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Madeira
7 Posts
Go in September. The months of May and June are the months of highest humidity. The temps in September will be still 20 - 23 C.
I don't know of your hotel but this site will give you more details of Madeira. Don't expect anything like the Canaries, Mallorca etc. This island is peaceful with no lager louts, strip bars etc.
I lived there 9 years and still go back for my holidays! :cheers
http://www.madeira-web.com/
recently returned from madeira had a lovely time, very scenic country, weather wasnt very good over the mountains and at santana side of the island. funchal's xmas lights were wonderful. we found madeira fairly expensive but with a rate of £ to 1.11 euro thats not surprising. great for a quiet retreat or a walking holiday, beaches arent very nice, big rocks and black sand.

just a warning the lady at the exchange office outside the cathedral tried to con us out of a euro, i know thats not much but its the principle, if she did that to everyone all day she would make a tidy sum for herself, she didnt give us a receipt when i asked she showed me the screen so i could see she had short changed us 1 euro when i queried it she shrugged and said its only 1 euro , but that was mine not hers and she had already had 2.5 euro off each of us for commission, i asked for the receipt and euro so then she decided instead of putting it in the cash tray she would put it on the shelf where i couldnt reach it so i had to get a piece of paper to flick it out, not very nice, this was the only unpleasant thing that happened, so anyone changing money there be careful, on hindsight i should have reported her :duh
Porto Santa Maria is one of the few hotels which doesn't require a long uphill climb to get to. Right on the front of Funchal close to the old town, restaurant and cable car. A friend has stayed there and really liked it. Main problem for me would be if you want a car it's a nightmare to drive to and from.
There are beaches in Madeira. Calheta have a man made beach and Machico have a new one I think.
Hi all can any one give me some idea as to what the weather will be in mid april
Thank's in advance
sorry if this is'nt the rite place to ask this :)
I'd probably say September is the best month - weather is still really warm but obviously not as hot as july/august. For some reason theres something about September holidays which makes them abit better than pre july!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.