General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I never buy magazines when I'm at home as I use the spare time I have to read novels. However, as I'm such a nosey so and so (I'd rather call myself a people watcher) it's handy to have a mag to hand when around the pool as it's easier to dip in and out of than a book. Mind, I do read books on my lunger too. I buy 2 magazines at the airport which I don't open until I'm in resort. Once I've read them I don't buy any more.
I never buy magazines but an English friend has subscription to one and every few months she will pass them on to me. I usually take a couple with me to read on the plane, for some reason although I always take a book with me I can't concentrate on it during the flight, I'm probably too nosy about what's going on around me, so a magazine is perfect.
I buy them on occasion when I'm on holiday if I fancy some light reading.
My daughter and I will always choose several mags at the airport to read on holiday. I'll have a quick flick through, put them away and then have every intension to read them while I am at the pool or beach over the two weeks. However I am far too nosey at what is going on around me and end up 'people watching' with an MP3 player. My teenage daughter loves to read them though so not a total waste of money I suppose.
Always buy a couple at the airport,so do my daughters',then we swap halfway through the holiday. Wouldn't buy any in resort though.
I always buy a couple of Take a Break style mags for the puzzles and a couple of others like She or Red for the articles. They are particularly useful for the flight as I find it hard to concentrate on a book with all the noise etc. I have never bought a mag whilst abroad though.
Another one that buys two or three at the airport for the holiday, closer, heat, glamour etc. Only time I read mags, apart from in the dentist waiting room. i do take a few books, some holidays I seem to ahve the concentration for them and other holidays I don't so stick with mags. Weird.
I take 2 0r 3 magazines on hols with me , usually buy them at airport , will flick through them on the flight , and usually leave them in the apartment/room for light reading on the balcony , never buy them in resort as they are too expensive , always leave them behind regardless of whether i have read them or not
I do take a couple of magazines, usually trashy ones with puzzles in ;)

I often don't actually read them though as I prefer reading books.
I bought mags on our first holiday in 2003 and they were REALLY expensive then but i must admit because i was paying in euro which i seem to think is not real money it didnt bother me. My mum gets the likes of take a break and all them ( 6 aweek) so i just ask her to save me them a few weeks before i go.......Sorted :tup
I rarely read magazines at home..never buy the trashy womens ones that float about. I do get a couple of diving magazines..well Rob does and I read them! ;)

At the airport, I have books and I will buy a paper for on the plane or some puzzle books..but I can rattle through them so fast. I really am a restless person on a plane..I get bored so quick!

I don't lounge around much on holiday so dont read magazines either then..but in between action and adventure diving, I do read books...
I love magazines for my holiday and at home!!!

I try the week before my holidays not to buy any magazines then when i get to the airport through security i go straight to the newsagents and buy a selection of magazines, I like to get O.k, heat and closer for the celeb trashy gossip!! then i get the usual suspects e.g woman, love it, bella and best. My husband wont admit to it but he does read then aswell :D Hes put in the dog house if he does the puzzles before i attempt them!!! :tut

I take 2 books with me to read whilst laying by the pool but like some of you i find it hard to concentrate on a story when you are busy people watching (nosey in my case!!) I never bring the mags back, i either pass them on or leave them in the room.

Lily. x
I did buy a couple when I was in Ireland last time, well a couple on the last day as we had to hang around at the port a bit and wanted something to read as Rosslare port is a bit boring :rofl
Oh course I do :O) Vogue Marie Claire, Closer, Now, Lokk all at the airport before I depart, and still have them in the hotel room after Ive read them all..do it every year :tup
I buy a few magazines in the airport. "Read" them on the plane as well as the inflight magazine. Because I'm a very nervous flyer I find that although I've been looking at the magazines on the plane, when I have a read at them in the hotel it's as though I've never read them before. Obviously not a thing I see penetrates my brain on the plane, it's just something to do while being scared stiff!
Never buy them either at home or on hols. If I'm on hols with company, and there's a mag floating round, perhaps I'll have a quick look, but I can't really say they interest me. I prefer a good book, crossword puzzles or sudoku.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.