Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
I know this may sound as if im a bit of a boring soul, but i will be holidaying with a 2 year old in a couple of days at the magic monika so consequently will probably mean a couple of early nights. I was wondering if anyone had any idea if the monika's tv's had any english channels on at all for when the little one is asleep ?

Satin
Most hotels have a few english channels on them, for example at the Rio Park we had skysports, skynews, true movies and a few foreign channels, the pelicanos had true movies and a few obscure channels. you will no doubt have a few english channels, but as for what they are I don't know for sure.
Thanks, looks like i may have to take a few good books too lol

Satin
Just get a few bottles of wine in and have a nice drink on the balcony with your partner.
when i went to finestrat in august (not in the monika) i took a very small very cheap dvd player from tesco,also took scart lead and films and they worked ok.i took those because the tv had only spanish channels,this might be an option
I am staying at the magic monika in three weeks time , my sister will also be in Benidorm at the same time. Does anyone know if she would be able to come into our hotel and buy a drink while we are there ?????????? Thanks in advance ..
Wont be a problem,they dont just do all inclusive,ie b&b,half board,as well.
Has anyone had to pay a deposit for damage when they have arrived at these apartments?? I am asking because on the official website it states that you do but when i booked with jet2 holidays nothing was said about it ..
:whoops :oops: :oops: just seen on the last page i have already asked this :duh
Can anyone tell me if the Magic Monika apartments at finestrat are on the flat or on a hill
It's pretty flat around that area if I remember correctly.
you need to walk down the hill (steep) to go the beach.and of course back up it which is worse :rofl
are you speaking about the same hotel as me crispy ..
there is a steep hill down to the small beach .i have walked up and down many a time.
I agree with Crispy there certainly isn't a steep hill from the Magic Monika to the small beach. I've been to that hotel four times and the only problem is the paths are very narrow down to the beach and it's very busy so you occasionally have to go on the road especially if you meet someone with a buggy.
Hi all

I have just found a fab deal for a family All Inclusive holiday for Magic Monika during October half-term.

Firstly am I right in thinking thay we will be ok temperature wise at this time and that all entertainment etc will still be running?

Secondly it says in the small print that drink are no longer 24 hours but only 12 hours - if anyone has been recently can they confirm this - and is it a problem?

It also says that the shuttle buses to the other Magic hotels is no longer running.

Any ideas anyone?
The weather in October should be okay but so late in the season nothing can be guaranteed, probably nice enough during the day and probably need a cardi at night. Entertainment etc should be pretty much the same and the full programme should be running unless it says otherwise in the brochure.

Are you sure that the description says for 12 hours or is it worded as for a minimum of 12 hours it's just the the latter is how most all inclusive hotels describe the service.

IIRC with the Magic group you could use the facilities in their sister hotels aswell as part of the all inclusive package so I'm assuming that this is not the case :think It's something that you need to look into aswell.

As a usual visitor to Finestrat the Monika was certainly one that we would consider but bear in mind that if you want to be in Benidorm itself without the free shuttle service it means using local buses(which we did all the time) as it's quite a hike from the Monika to for instance the new town.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.