Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Could anyone tell me if Eddie is doing the entertainment in the Rock Gardens this year. We saw him two years ago in the Monika and last year in the Rock Gardens. Even though we are going in the Flamingo Oasis this year we would like to say hello to him.
We have just returned from the Magic Rock on 13th March, 2007 and Eddie is still there.

As regards the childrens play area, there are two childrens pools, one with a water slide and the other is for small children. There is also a play zone which has tunnels etc abit like a small wacky warehouse.

If you require any more information please contact me.

Janelesley
Jenelesley

We'll be out there with our son who will just turned 4 when we go out. Do you think there will be enough going on at the hotel to keep him occupied? Such as kids club and play area etc. And was the mini disco on when you were out there as he loves dancing - well jumping up and down to music - (he's a better dancer than me :D ) and what time did it start?

Also do you know what the food was like for children? He's a bit picky, so I want to get him eating the things that they have for children before we go out. I've seen in a previous post that they do chicken nuggets and beans etc, is this norm or did they do any other food :?:

Thanks in advance for your help.

Stephen.
Hi Stephen,

When we were there in March as you can imagine there wasn't alot of children there. There was a mini disco in the Safari Bar but that doesn't open until 8.30pm and it didn't go on for very long about half an hour (this might be different in the summer, i'm not sure).

As for the food whilst we were there I never saw a children's section, obviously they do chips every night, some hotels do have a kids section but I can't say that I saw one in the Magic Rock (again it could be different in the summer).

I think he will enjoy the children's play area and the small toddlers pool, I can imagine in the summer it can get quite busy up there. As for children's reps, I must admit I didn't see any but then again we used the other hotels alot.

Hope this has been of some help to you. If you need to know anything else please let me know.

Hope you have a great holiday and let me know what you thought when you get back.

Janelesley
Stayed here for my stag weekend last week, found the actual hotel to be okay although the staff are unhelpfull. We stayed Thursday - Saturday but also booked for Sunday night for a late check out even though we were leaving at 6pm on the Sunday, we were honest and up front about this and they demanded that we checked out at 10am as we weren't staying the night!!. When we demanded the money back for the Sunday night he relented but his ability to provide customer service was nil.
One thing that people should note that all self catering rooms are in magic rock suites (next to Las Torres) but the facilities are very good including the indoor pool and jacuzzi. Would stay again for the facilities but staff attitude would need to improve.
Just seen a review saying there is a big message up in the hotel saying no kids running around after 9pm. Does this mean that the young kids can't enjoy the mini disco (as my boy thinks running around in a circle is dancing!). Also does the hotel have any acts on in the evening? If so what are they?

I've got this image of being in a lounge full of old people with some ball room music playing with my wife and son being bored stiff.

I've been reading a review on flamingo Oasis hotel and thinking of paying the extra £150 and upgrade to the better hotel. I wish I had seen this hotel first as it looks fantastic.
For our reviews of the Magic Rock Gardens, please click here.

David :wave
Hey :wave:
Iam heading to benidorm in February with my boyfriend, first time away without the parents!!!

Iam staying in the Magic Rock Gardens and after reading some of the reviews i must say am worried :(

has anyone been there recenetly and tell me there opionion on it i need some reasurance some of the reviews were good but most of them were worring !!!

please help thanks a bunch ;)
Dont worry Kirsty,We have stayed twice in this hotel although it was a few years ago now.We have been staying at Villa de Benidorm since which is in the same hotel chain and that has really gone down hill!!,so in March we decided to visit Rock Gardens for a few meals and was impressed with the food there,excellent,great hotel.
I agree with Crispy the food is really good. We were staying in the Monika which is also an Amigo's Group hotel and had an evening meal every night at the Magic Rock. There was a huge variety and was cooked to perfection which it certainly wasn't at the Monika.

Jean
I've stayed in Magic Rock twice this year, and am going back thee next week as well.
Food is good, there is a section of childrens food, but it's over to the left by the chef, not by the rest of the food.
The steep incline to the hotel is the only thing to put you off, but if you don't mind that you'll have a great time there, as I said, I've been twice, and i'm going back to it, so it can't be bad
We have booked for a week in Magic Rock gardens (formerly tropicana gardens) in Mid March just for a bit of a break to wind down after a bad 2008, never been to Benidorm before but heard there's loads to do, and I am checking lots of sites for comments on hotel and surrounding area - most noticable comments are regarding arrival and having to carry luggage 100yds up a hill (not looking forward to that) some comments say free taxi service is laid on, others say there is a second reception which does not involve the walk uphill so not sure whats going on.
Has anyone been to the Rich Bitch show? whats it like, we have been to Funny Girls show in Blackpool UK and some people say its better than that! Any other decent nightspots for age 50 and over would be appreciated.
Also it is part of the amigos 10 group card so apparently you can use facilities (courtesy of FREE shuttle bus) of other hotels in same group, also some comments say that a free MEDIEVAL NIGHT is included with all inclusive guests, is this right? can't find it on my booking form
Has anyone been to the Mundomar park, how much was it to get in and what was it like?

Would appreciate any comments from recent visitors to hotel/area :-?
Welcome to the forums, Dee. While you wait for some further feedback here about the hotel, if you use the Search facility at the top of the page you will find various other discussions in the Costa Blanca forum about Mundomar, the Medieval Night, the Rich Bitch, Bars & Clubs, etc.

David :wave
DeeUK,That hill is a killer!.Yes can go to the medieval night you will just have to pay for transport.All inc is 24hr,its great having the choice to eat and drink in the other magic hotels.Villa de Benidorm is about 10min walk from your hotel.If you use the free bus it takes over an hour getting around the hotels,cheap and quicker to use public buses.
Thanks for feedback Crispy,
got a dodgy ankle so I wish I had checked location now before booking and it was not pointed out at travel agents when I went in to see what was available for the time I wanted, normally I pick up a brochure and check out a few that seem okay and go from there but this time just popped in on off chance and stupidly ended up booking it there and then mainly because the girl said there were only few seats left which is probably what they say to everyone! still we live and learn.
:(
You'll struggle with your ankle Dee Uk going up that hill as it's very steep and seems to take ages, you won't want to walk up it many times during the day.
Just booked 2 weeks AI for here for April does anyone know if they have mahou on draught here or San Miguel
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.