Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
Take a look at Mirihi - very nice looking small island 36 rooms only. Komandoo has nice water villas - 60 rooms I think now. Both will be fairly quiet and Komandoo is not allowing children next year (under 12).
Hi Lucie

thanks for your reply i will check that out. I am looking for a water villa that has nice looking accomadation, wooden natural type, rather than perhaps tiled floors with old looking bed covers etc. If you know what I mean. Tasteful, but still at a reasonable cost.

Is the reef nice at Mirihi? Do you get turtles or ray fish in around the lagoon?

Nols
I haven't been but it is on my wish list! The forum on trip advisor say the food, accomodation, snorkelling and diving are all excellent. Others you can look at are the Hilton although snorkelling is supposedly better at Mirihi. What sort of budget have you got? I personally prefer beach villas as I love to step out of my room onto the beautiful sand so haven't really looked into water villas. Angsana is a beatiful natural island with fantastic snorkelling and very quiet (45 rooms) no wv though but they do have jacuzzi beach villas - my favourite holiday ever! If your heart is set on a water villa take a look at Soneva Gili if budget permits!
Lucie

I have been looking at Mirihi, Komandoo which seems good and also Baros.

I like the beach as well and have been to a lot of beach Bungalows in Thailand and Vietnam. I just think that the water Villa for me will be quite different, stepping out straight into the clear blue sea from your villa.

Looking at only spending about £4,000 for 2 people though, all inclusive.
I think Venligandu is closed next summer 2007, so Baros seems to be my first option at the moment.

Do you know much about Baros ?

Nols
I think Baros looks lovely and the rooms look wonderful but I am not sure if it will come in under your budget - and I think the food is quite expensive.

You should get Komandoo for your money in a water villa - the food there is lovely ( i put on half a stone in 9 days!!!!!). It is a beautiful island and is great for a first time visit to the Maldives as you will also get the seaplane transfer which is a definate wow factor! Baros is a speedboat transfer which is still good - but the seaplane views are awesome!

You will love either of these islands.
Hi Lucie

I have been told that the water villa's in Komandoo are being refurbished next August 2007. It looks like the sort of thing that I am looking for. You were right about Baros it is nice but expensive. Mirihi seems to be the same situation as well.
I must admit that I am getting a little bit cheesed off now. We normally get a ruck sack and just go somewhere. I thought going to the Maldives would be quite straight forward, but it it turning about to be difficult.
I think at the weekend I will have to phone a lot of travel companies for quotes.

Thanks
Nols
Hi
We are thinking about going to the Maldives in September 2008, but not sure which island to go to.
Also unsure which holiday company to use. So far the choice is First Choice/Eclispe, Portland/Thomson or Virgin. Would like the flight upgrage.
We would prefer Half Board as we are not drinkers, and seems better value.
The Water Bungalow's look really nice but is it worth the extra £1500 + to upgrade.
Any advise etc would be most welcome.
Thanks
Steve and Karen.
Merged with similar topic.

luci :wave
We have travelled to maldives by First choice and hayes and Jarvis both are good, whilst not heavy drinkers as I am a diver we have always gone AI because everything is imported you are looking at London prices for drinks including water never bothered with water villas as the only time we are in the rooms is to sleep
Sg
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.