Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Gemma - do you mean Manolis????
If so I can help you bur do not know the other name
Heather
Oops yes sorry I did mean Manolis Studios Heather. Have you been before? Any info would be appreciated thanks.
Gemma - Your right there in thinking Manolis is at the top end of the resort, it is one of the very first apartments you come to as you come around the bend and drop down into Kefalos bay area (Kamari). Have not stayed there but seen them from the outside. You do have some nice tavernas nearby but it is a bit of a walk, and a very long walk to get down to the harbour end of the resort where some of my personal favourites are located. Although Manolis have a nice pool, located behind them is Chrysoula apartments, turn out of your place and take next little road on the right where the scooter hire place is and turn right again and follow the track round, that is a MASSIVE pool, with loads of sun loungers with pads on, and the best chip butty for miles, Chysoulas mother spends all morning peeling spuds!! Think she is about 90! They welcome visitors to their pool but obviously it is manners to buy a beer or two or lunch from them if you use their facilities. We often call here for a couple of days throughout the hols as a break from the beach.
Although have never stayed at the apartments.

Just a little way along the main road is T for 2, run by an English couple, they do a good breakfast. Also along this main road are some really nice tavernas, Kastri, Antonios (Four Seasons), The Rock, Rainbow, Harrys and Sakalis - these are ones we have tried and found to be very good. However, if you do fancy the walk, and believe me it is a walk :shock: "¦"¦ further down towards the harbour you get Sebastians, Golden Fleece, Argo, Stamatia, Stop Inn , Galini and Marias to name a few. All serve delightful Greek cuisine with good service.

Also plenty of bars around too for the liquid part of your holiday.

Anything else you think of give me a shout
Enjoy your holiday 8) 8)
thanks heather thats brill. We will probably go into the main town in the evening and probably get a taxi, I dont like lots of walking!! :hmmm I assume it is easy enough to get a taxi? I am really looking forward to trying Kos we have been to lots of the other Greek Islands. We come back from Kos then only 6 weeks til we go to my favourite place, Goa.
Gemma - there are not a lot of taxis in \kefalos, infact I think one one :shock: There is a bus runs along the main road and goes up to the village but not sure what time it stops running of an evening, if it is still running you need to get off near manos fast food and cut back on yourselves towards the sea then turn right 0- this is a nice walk along the seafront with lots of tavernas on. Would take about ten mins from one end to the harbour end.

You could always try sticking out a thumb outside of Manolis and hope some kind Greek would give you a lift down the road, worth a try anyway :lol:

Heather
Thanks for all your help heather. We are really looking forward to our trip to Kos. Somewhere new to try again.
Hope you dont mind me giving you a shout maybe nearer the time if there is anything else :D
Thats no problem Gemma
Heather 8)
I've added these studio's to our review site. If anyone has stayed here please add your review HERE

Many thanks.
thanks glynis and heather :D
Gemma, found these reviews somewhere for manolis, don't know whether I am allowed to post or not but sure Glyn will remove them if against rules.
Heather

*Edit sorry Heather but it's not our rules it's copyright rules from the site in question. You may of course post the link or pm the member :wink: - Glynis*
Thanks for trying to help out heather much appreciated. I hope the feedback was encouraging :hmmm I am looking forward to going anyway. thanks again.
Thought it may be something like that Glynis, Gemma sorry forgot where I found it now but the reports were good!
Heth
Thanks babes.
Gemma click the link and you will find the reviews :lol:
H
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.