Hi,

We used maltaairporttransfers.com operated by Zarb Coaches this May with a private "cab" from airport to hotel and return. It was booked five months in advance.

On arriving at the airport in Malta although we were 20 minutes early the driver was already waiting for us with a name sign and even allowed my partner to grab a quick smoke before we set off. The transport was a small minibus and was a nice journey with the driver handing us some information bookletts for May which became invaluable throughout the holiday. He pointed out Mdina on the way and everything went smooth.

The return journey was less than pleasing. We had to ring up and confirm the return journey 48 hours in advance, although the driver on the way to the hotel said 24 hours but to make sure we went with what it said on our booking form. The guy on the other end of the line had a hard time understanding english but he said it was only needed to be confirmed 24 hours before. To cut a long story short I don't see why we had to confirm this anyway because we had paid for the return transfer 5 months earlier so of course we would want the trips both to the hotel and the return journey :)
The return journey was a bit of a nightmare. Considering we had booked this five months earlier after 10 minutes of being late I rang up and they told us it was "on the way", 10 minutes later it arrived. So in total a 20 minute late driver. Not so bad if you're arriving at the airport but for a journey to the airport getting there in good time is needed. Next came the nigel mansell of Malta, driving like a maniac the whole way probably to make up the 20 minute lateness. Using his phone multiple times and overtaking at any opportunity. Sure Maltese drivers are a bit crazy but when you're carrying passengers for a taxi firm then you should have some consideration... our arriving driver had that courtesy so there is no reason why the return driver couldn't.

Based on the return journey alone we would not use this company again which is a shame as the arriving journey was flawless.