Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
This is great news for us northerners. :) :) I have today booked these flights for January, unfortunately I wasn't able to alter the flights booked for October that are Manchester-Doha-Mumbai. One of the drawbacks of booking early as at the time I booked, the Goa flights hadn't been announced!!!
This is great news for us northerners. I have today booked these flights for January, unfortunately I wasn't able to alter the flights booked for October that are Manchester-Doha-Mumbai. One of the drawbacks of booking early as at the time I booked, the Goa flights hadn't been announced!!!

Could not agree more.Gives us the option of avoiding what is so far next years terribly high package prices.I will certainly check it out.Maybe book accomodation seperately.

Papa
From an article in todays "Herald" it appears these flights kick-off on 25th October. Has anyone got prices and times for them as I am sure they will be of interest to members.

By the way, the newspaper article described Goa as an underserved destination, but I read it as undeserved.......freudian slip?
Just booked with Qatar from Heathrow. Excellent times, hardly any hanging about. Goes via Doha. Gets confusing talking about Doha and Goa! Don't care, I am booked, and a very happy bunny!! :)
So like I just asked, would you be happy to share the cost and timings with us?
Dep. Manchester 08:20
Arr. Doha 18:20
Dep. Doha 21:30
Arr. Goa 03:35

Dep. Goa 04;35
Arr. Doha 06:15
Dep. Doha 07:20
Arr. Manchester12:20

Price, leaving in early January, £445.

I hope this is of help Johnny Five. :)
Thank you Squigs!
Price looks good and UK timings are OK, but the Goa timings are a bit grim aren't they?
I am hoping that I will be able to sleep between Goa and Doha, then it wont be too bad!!!
Ive been looking at these but can't seem to get the return journey without going Goa - Mumbai - Doha - Manchester - approx 25hrs?! Outward is Manchester - Doha - Goa as discussed. What am I doing wrong?
change your day of return they only do the direct route 3 days a week
:cheers neil :sun2
What am i doing wrong? tried for the above, but it is going via Man-Doha-Mumbai-Goa, total of 24hours and i have tried to put varies dates in, on Fridays, Saturdays and Wednesdays, as said by Kags
when are you looking to go
:cheers neil/kaz :sun2
managed it now thanks Kags, was for the beginning of Jan 2010. Thanks :D
Have you booked it Nightnurse and if so when are you flying? We are also flying from Manchester, on the 9th January. :sun2
So if we booked qatar anyone know of any good accomodation sites?

Papa
Papa

Owners direct look very good. They have small apartments rght through the range to larger houses. Prices look reasonable too.
This is great news but keep your eye on the flight times. I had been looking at a flight departing on Boxing day with a 3 hour stopover in Doha, and it's not on the website any more (or the timetable). I phoned Qatar and they said the flight has been changed to a long layover and now takes over 30 hours to get from Manchester to Goa instead of the 13 or so it should have been.

Glad I didn't book it now - it was a good price too. Back to the drawing board. :(
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.