Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Tour Ops are forever doing this :roll: ! I lived in Kremasti for a while and had many friends with businesses there. Airtours had the bulk of accommodation in the resort and just decided to drop it completely one year, they didn't even let anyone know, just didn't turn up to renew contracts. It's not just holidays but people's livelihoods they're messing with :bhead !!
Yes thats exactly what I was thinking the apatments I stayed in were basic but nice and a perfect location what happens to the owners now-
There a lot of European countries with direct charter flights to Rodos. The room/hotel owners are very well aware and no doubt will go with tour operators from other countries...
Have you looked in the Laskarina brochure? My parents go with them to all the little islands you don't hear of with the big companies.
Thanks I have ordered a brochure
They unfortunatly do not fly from Birmingham which is what we prefer.
I know Kosmar and Olympic do does anyone know any other companies that from from Birmingham
Karen - go independently! When we go in October, I'll try and pick up some cards.

Manos seemd to offer good value off the track holidays, but once they became part of Airtours I expected this to happen.

I know that the village of Pastida was dropped by Airtours some years ago...or Airtours was dropped by Pastida because they wanted to pay such low rates!!!
The same is happening in Kefalos...the tour operators are pulling out...
This annoys me as the locals have built up a lovely place, and now what do they do !!
I went to Kalymnos in June - their tourist industry has all but vanished due to the big operators pulling out - thankfully they are trying to re-invent the island as a major climbing destination and have a loyal band of returning visitors.
  • Edited by Elenitsa 2005-08-27 16:42:04
kmann I think Thomson go from Birmingham !
exactly the same thing is happening to Kambos/Votsalakia on Samos...Thomson pull out completely this year, after a reduction in accomadations this year. The locals say it was much quieter this year....we don't mind we like it quiet, and now travel independently as we know the resort and have local contacts, but it doesnt seem fair on the local tourist industry. Having said that, I see Kosmar are adding it to their resorts next year, although not in brochure yet.

My opinion is that the big operators are only taking their clients to the bigger places, where they can make more money out of them.
Glad its not just Kefalos then
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.