Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Map Of Goa....
20 Posts
Thats a great map and a very useful tool.

Sarah
Maybe things like the Spice Farm, Dushagar Water Falls, Hampi road etc to give visitors an idea how far places are from the main holiday resorts like Calangute.
I will add Dudshargar (as i know where that is), also anjuna and the night markets... do you know where the spice plantations are????
Without being rude your map is the same as any you can find on the internet as well as in all the tour guide books.
You live in Goa so do you not know where the Spice Plantations are - if I was going to make a map of the area I lived in I would source things before I put this on a web site.
Without being rude your map is the same as any you can find on the internet as well as in all the tour guide books.
You live in Goa so do you not know where the Spice Plantations are - if I was going to make a map of the area I lived in I would source things before I put this on a web site.

How rude are you, I live in the west midlands and do not know where all the tourist spots are, maybe a little appreciation of people trying to helpful would go down better in this forum! (in my humble opinion)
Rob,

Very helpful map and puts the areas into perspective for me.

And most important.....the rough location of where you are!!!

Would it be possible to put some sort of scale on it? (In miles of course!)

Iain
  • Edited by Spinner 2007-07-07 20:43:01
thatmanhere - thank you for your point of view, but I just wanted a nice clear map of Goa, I had a look around and most are either too busy or too simple, hence I decided to make my own.... I live there, hence not a tourist... :o) - So spice plantations are furthest from my mind. I have the cashnuts, jackfuit, mangoes, pineapple trees in the garden so no need of knowing.... :D

Mids On Tour - Thanks... :D
Spinner - hopefully a scale now... :D
I have found this map very useful, maybe it will be of help, places of interest are marked.

http://www.goa-tourism-india.com/images/goamap.jpg
I dont want to appear outspoken but I have to agree with Mids. I think Rob has gone to a lot of effort to post his map of Goa and we should appreciate that.
The setting for the Mango House is fabulous so why worry about where anything else is .....
It would be handy to know where the petrol stations are! 8)

Not so much in the towns, but out in the sticks - they are few and far between. :shock:

IMHO, I think this post is damn right bloody rude!! :evil:
Poipleshadow, i think this map is very good,most of the maps on net are of the bars and hotels,to fussy,i have been going to goa for many years,and did not know mapusa was so far up north i thought it was towards airport,same as a few other places so its taught me something.nothing wrong with trying to be helpfull.
poultonkid said

nothing wrong with trying to be helpfull.

Very much agree with you. I'm sure Rob has a very busy schedule with the work he does and to take time out, which can't be easy, is most helpfull, thanks Rob, at least some of us appreciate the effort you made :wink:
Thanks Rob for your help and I'm sure Rob would like things to move on now. :wink:
Hey guys... Don't worry, I don't get offended easily and I don't mind having constructive critiscym (but not on my spelling! :D ) I had a few moments free (I've been back in the UK the last few weeks doing our AGM, having a break, but go back to Goa this week. As I had a bit of spare time, I thought I'd 'play' at creating a map.... That's all... If you like it then use it, if not.. No worries... :D

Have fun and the important thing is - Enjoy Goa!
Thanks for your efforts, Rob. The main thing to put on it is where you are! Several times when I've been in Goa with a spare afternoon, I've thought of coming to see what you do, but I hadn't a clue where you were.
I've no excuse now, so maybe see you next Jan/Feb! :D
As Roma said --Several times when I've been in Goa with a spare afternoon, I've thought of coming to see what you do, but I hadn't a clue where you were.
Does he still know how to get to you? Many taxi drivers don't - I have asked.
Again not being rude but others will think I am - but I am not - please make it more plain where you are.
I know where you are because I have lived in Goa for the winter for the last 12 years and have donated many times over the years but please make the map more user friedly.
Write verbal directions (with an * on the map ) that UK people could give to taxi drivers who do not know where you are - i.e. at the back of the Verandavun Hospital - the best direction as it is near to "THE" hospital in Goa - (there are lots of orphanges in Goa which tourist could be taken to).
My comments were to help not hinder
Sorry for the delay - I'e been trying to get the newsletter out.... I have added our address onto the map.. If I get chance I'll do a Mapusa map so you can zoom in on a better map of Mapusa with 'The Mango House" on it... - By the way we're marked with a star to give you an idea where we are compared to the beach....
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.