Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
www. charterflights.co.uk has some flights at about that time for £440 or so, not a great price, if you leave it last minute I could almost guarantee you would get flights at half that price, but most people dont want to take the chance, hence the rip off prices that the tour comanies are coming out with just now Alan
I think the best prices for next winter season are with First Choice, they offer Phoenix Park , Silver Sands, Highland Beach .
Travelpack have just launched thier 2006/2007 brochure - they look lile they have a wide choice.
Thomas Cook also competetive and they offer lots of hotels in Candolim.
We booked with First Choice for next Easter and got the Pheonix Park for £600 each. I know we could probably have got cheaper if we waited but we were desperate to avoid flying with Monarch. Also, as we are tied to certain dates we wanted to be sure we didnt miss out!!
We use Direct Holidays. Have checked out other companies but they seem to be at least £500 cheaper for four people.
Peter,we have just booked with Travelpack. Cost for 2 adults flying from Manchester 23rd March with Monarch @ 3.30pm (wasn't too bad last time) for £423pp incl of all taxes etc..
Also tried Goaway/Czech-it-out,exactly same flight and was quoted £438pp
Seeing we are flying back Easter weekend,it's only £15pp more than we paid this season.
Have already got booked in at the Sunset Beach Resort,with a very good price thanks to our shack owner,so our total cost should be around a grand.
Hi Spike and all

Yeah think we have found somewhere, about £460 for 2 weeks flying out the 27th March jewel in the crown etc were wanting £700+ for the same place so we will probably go with that :D

The hotel is the marinha dourada which has had some good reviews so thats all good, the only thing would be that i would prefer to stay in candolim but hey ho not exactly going to spend £800 in taxis between baga and candolim in 2 weeks :)

Regards

Peter
Marinha dourada seems a good choice - have had friends stay there and we called in,looked ok and the room they had was fine. The setting is one of the best i have seen,they had to taxi to the beach each day and in to Baga/Calangute but was no problem. We tried Mackies market at the side for a change from Ingos on the Saturday and found it was much easier to get around,have a drink and eat etc..
No doubt you will be heading to Bobbys shack down Candolim,maybe see you there this time.
Yep most definately mate.
Hi Mrstella

Who did you book with? I am interested in returning to Goa next Easter.

Thanks
our family came out to visit us while we were in goa they got flight only with airtours for £350 .
we also went to candolim for a few days and used some rooms owned by noel fernandez they were newly built lovely and clean and had a large new fridge the price was 600 rupees a night they were near the beach path at the side of the place owned by kingfisher hope this is helpful anita & john
woohoo :pele just got booked up to go back too Goa for the second time. Staying at the Osbourne from 23rd March to 6th April. :fly with First Choice and paid £1080 for the 2 of us. Thought that was reasonable and was only £60 dearer than this year. Its gonna be a long 44 weeks :wink:
Spike mate, i would totally understand if you cancelled as you know as well as me that theres mayhem when our other halfs get together :yikes
Its gonna be an interesting HT meet next March now :rofl
:glynis Hi Alan,Can't wait..... !! no really it will be fun to see you both again - Cuba went down the pan then ?
Yup - HT meet will be fun,enjoyed the last one !
Where abouts is the Osbourne ? did you find out.
Coming from Candolim towards Calangute.
Go past the football field on your left then on your right going down the road you will go past Bob's Inn then Daytripper Offices at the top of Holiday Street - past Luma Supermarket and Bonnies Inn - then you are almost at St. Anthony's Chapel. This is the one in the middle of the road. Once more - on your right is the Osbourne Hotel and in the gateway is (or was last season) a bar called the Pub. This hotel is very popular and we meet lots of people over the season who are very happy with it. If you go out of the bottom gate of the Osbourne there is a nice family run restaurant called Zicos and the food is very good.
Cheers - checked the maps and could't see it.
cheers nariel, :glynis had a rough idea where it was as its marked on a small map i recieved this year from first choice rep. Good to see its popular aswell. This put my wifes mind at rest.
With it being just into Calangute it will mean a taxi ride to Ganesh shack or a longer stroll along the beach. Life is tuff sometimes eh :wink:
Looking forward to havin a few beers once again with u spike, hopefully toasting super Leeds return to the premiership.Lets hear you now..........
MARCHING ON TOGETHER :pele :glynis
Sorry theres no toast tonight :cry: :cry:
:offtop - sorry Fiona !
After that 1st goal Alan i was wishing to be back in Goa !! head is thumping this morning (and no Indian wine)
Hi Billy see you in March were flying from manchester on the 27th March till 10th April Where are we meeting for the HT club members are we putting a HT logo on our table so we know each other.

Paul and Anne
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.