Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
There are four of us going same date !! Out flight is 23rd!
so where you flying from sue we flying from glasgow also on the 23rd was getting worried as last few posts on T.A where no that great but hey nice low budget fortnight not gonna complain.also was getting worried hotel was gonna be filled with russians we the only uk people in there lol
Hi we are flying from Birmingham , me , hubby , sis in law and bro in law. We have been to turkey and there were quite a few Russians , but to be fair they were ok ! My daughter worked in Egypt and she said they were rude lol !!! As you say cheep n cheerful ! As long as it's clean and hubby can make a meal and vodka is flowing he will be fine !' coffee for me !! What time is your flight ?
our flights at 6.30 am so hopefully arrive at hotel before 12 just intime for lunch and hit the bar . been to egypt 3 times but was lucky the hotel was all brits and was in turkey yep russians rude $%&6$# . we booked in for 2 weeks first week gonna have a right good go of drinking my holidays worth then do few excersions in second week give the liver a break .
Our flight is mid afternoon , we intendtend to chill my Sis in law is a shopper!! Lol ! Will listen out for your Accent !
will be easy to spot me on the first day i will be the only scotman talking like bill and ben LOL anyway seen it on t.a was gonna do it anyway gonna go to poundland pick up the pack of plastic pint glasses save trips up and down to bar as i do know the glasses are small at pooł and beach and the que,s may be long at times its much the same culture as in egypt so be prepared for hasstle at shops but a few nice choice in words in arabic will soon remedy that LOL
Thanks for the tip about plastic cups must share that one ! Means your there before us you can get three vodka sprites in and a coffee! Lol I'm getting mixed messages Bout visa? Forms? Do the airline dish out the forms. !?
yep seen to have got that aswell about visa,s yes you do and no you dont but as far as im aware you dont . found a few tips on excersions so we dont pay through the nose so anyway first drinks are on me pmsl... gonna stick to the bottled soft drinks and water as i have seen in other hotels then using tap water to refill the big bottles until 100% sure
thomas cook usually out the cards wellcome they did when we went to egypt
Thanks for the tip !! Hubby is into quad bikes and stuff I usually love to investigate , culture and sea views and reading ! Hoping for two weeks of chill and sun
thats what me and wife doing first week chilling mother in Å‚aw coming on second week so gonna do the coloseum , the zoo and zulu night ,medina not far from hotel and i do like the quad biking myself but will be doing them not through the rep will find another source as they charge more than double for the same trip you can get elsewhere and the rep does not do quad biking anyway cause of insurance
you guys plans very similar to ours im sure if we błock book excersions on the second week a nice hit of bartering can get the price knocked down even more
Defo ! We have not been to Tunisia before and was a little apprehensive , but life's to short to look at the world via google the ethos is go out and see if you don't Like it you don't do it again ! Although I'm not a lover of quads we hired one a couple of years ago in Corfu lived the quiet villages but hated the feeling if mayhem lol
we where very unsure the first time in sharm egypt but you soon get into swing of things the culture the same in tunisia so have no insecurities if you confident enough with then you will have no probs
only thing you might find a pain is the shops its all bartering gets a bit crappy after a while or the in your face come into my shop Asda price here and the whiter you look the more hastle you get some sun on you before hitting the shops as if you still chalk white they know you not long there then more hastle you will get as they know you still have spending money. you will prób notice this with the excersion sellers aswell
I love to haggle , usually tell them I'm English servant with little money , hubby gets very frustrated lol it was the same in turkey , signs sayin cheaper than back of lorry lol ! I have the humour for barter and will quite easily walk away if I'm not happy ! Hub hates it lol we took our kids to turkey and then he Hated personal comments about them but the girls just smiled and walked on ! Just hope the transfer is not too long as agents write ups tend to be way out lol
wife loves a good haggle personally i just half what they say take off a portion of that and walk away in egypt i started to have fun with them dragging them into someone elses shop i want to go quading but wife not really want to she will be lying on sun lounger with her e reader me prop up the bar and sleep the hangover away all day on the sun lounger. sounds like a plan LOL
Blimey this is freaky you are describing me and my hubby !!! Got me e reader ready with 3 sam Bourne novels ! My iPhone full of music and my shades to block out the glare !! Lol perhaps you should quad off with my hubby lol cuz I ain't blooming going lol
Just out of curiosity which Marhaba hotel are you going to there are several (Palace, Beach, Salem etc etc) in both Sousse and Port El Kantaoui?

Just for info there are more and more fixed price shops now in Sousse & PEK so you don't have haggle if you don't want to try it :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.