Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
I don't think there's a market in Altura. None of the lists I have mention one.

Distance is about 5km/3 miles.
A list is available here;
http://www.allgarve.biz/leisure/markets.html

I remember a massive market between Monte Gordo and Tavira which was held on a Sunday and the crowds were massive. Cars lined the raodside in the hundreds, very busy. Not sure if it's every Sunday though.

Robby :wink:
Thanks Robbyw. We will keep our fingers crossed that it will be on when we go,which will be the 1st Thursday of the month. I will print the list of markets,as it is very useful.

Lizziebeth :-P
I think the massive market referred to above is the one at (Vila Nova de) Cacela, which is held every Sunday.
Lizziebeth,
It is in Vila Nova de Cacela. It is between Altura and Monte Gordo. The bus goes through it.
It took us almost an hour walking very slowly along the beach from Altura to Monte Gordo.
It will take you about 10 mins by bus to the market (although not sure of Sunday service) and 15 or so to MonteGordo.
Pat
:glynis
Thanks Pat, We will find out when we get there the bus times, and will go to the market and Monte Gordo. It sounds very good. Lizziebeth. :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.