Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Marsa Matruh
8 Posts
Hi, i too have just booked a hotel here and Thomson are telling me its the new and upcoming resort in egypt. Does look great on photo's and videos on youtube.

Let me know if you went or have booked!
Can I ask when you are going? I'm looking at this resort for June 2010 -prices look reasonable for 5 star all inclusive. Haven't been to Egypt before - how long are the flights and transfers?
Hi everyone new member just joined but have been around for ages just never joined, have been to egypt several times mainly to sharm but have just booked for Marsa Matruh for April, it looked fantastic value and went up £20 as i was booking it and has since gone up another £40 in the last few days, done a bit of research there are 3 luxury hotels the Jaz Crystal,Oriental and Almaza owned by an Italian group think they have one in Taba and just opened to Thomson(first choice), from Easter but for Platinium really good value was cheaper than Coral sea in sharm remains to be seen.It will be a bit cooler being on the coast no bad thing sometimes. If any one goes please let me know how it was?
Hi, we booked a while ago now, a good few months and the price has come down by over 140 since we booked! We dont mind [much] though because we still got a cracking price for 5 star all inclusive with everything included! We are going in April but Thomson said that the hotel is available from March.

Cannot wait, it looks beautiful!
Had to cancel holiday to mersa Mutrah last week due to the volcanic ash, and to rebook it has cost us £400 more to go to the Almaza not our first choice but all they had left we try again in three weeks time. So anyone managing to get back and give any info much appreciated. Heard that you have to have a visa even if you are not going out of resort and they charge for bottled water in the hotel. :que
Hi everyone,

I went to Jaz crystal in mersa matruh from the 13th-27th April. Just got out there then the volcana started, people that had booked a week had to stay for 10 days but we was ok, by the time we was due to come home flights had been sorted out. So really sorry to hear that your holiday was cancelled mallin 1321.
Hotel was lovely better than the pictures! So if you want to know any questions about the hotel or resort please feel free to ask me

:)
Booked to stay in the Jaz resort in June 2011 with Thomson.
Holiday has now disappeared off their website - in fact it states there are no flights in 2011. Have contacted Thomson and they say this holiday is being reviewed, and we will receive a letter with any updates.
Anyone else heard anything??
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.