Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Yes, the hydrofoil for Marmaris leaves very early in the morning from Mandraki, Rhodes Town. It's too early to get the local bus and it's a good distance from Pefkos so would be expensive by taxi.
You're best to book with your rep or a travel office in resort as they will include coach transfer. It's a while since i sold this excursion but was around £35-40 pp plus port taxi in Turkey (the agent or rep will advise you of the current chage, was around £5).
:D Pefkos is one of my favourite resorts ever and we have stayed at the Matina 4 times. Each time we booked with direct holls and have NEVER had any problems all i wanted to say is anyone who finds complaints withe the resort or matina apts would need to be sectioned!
I would be very happy to have continued going but like to try new places.
All of the staff and reps at the Matina are great. One rep stands out from the others and must have been there at least 5yrs. Nasty Nic as the kids jokingly call him, he is a wealth of knowldege and great fun. Hes deff still there as i like to read the reviews and keep up to date.
The resort is perfect for chilling although there are more bars and restaurants than when we first went it has still maintaned its charm and all of the locals are very friendly.
Beach great for kids infact im wishing now that we'd booked there for this year instead of where were going. Anyway to anyone going to the Matina
You have nothing to worry about and have a great time x
:Hi I have just booked the matina along with about 20 of my friends and family as I am getting married at St Paul's Chapel on the 4th of Sep2006 I am glad to read that the Matina is good especially as my mum is in a wheelchair and as far as I have been informed there is no uphill struggles from there to the town,also I have two children under 4 so the Matina is looking good for them the only thing is I am still unsure of where to hold my reception, staying in Pefkos but getting married in Lindos so would prefer to have reception there any ideas on that?
Many great restaurants in Lindos and it all depends on your tastes and budget. The best way to go about it is to have a few meals in Lindos beforehand and pick one that suits you.
If it was me i'd go for the restaurant above Luna Bar as the views are beautiful and food is always great or Il Palazetto which is a very smart, upmarket italian restaurant close to St Pauls Bay.
Hi can anyone who has been to the Matina apartments in Pefkos tell me how much they paid for the air conditioning as I have read one person got hit with a bill for 140 euros for 2 weeks although this was about 2 years ago?
Hi Marcus thanks for your tips on resturants for our wedding reception, I,ve been trying to get more info on the one above Luna Bar but can't find anything ,what name does it go under? Also I was curious as to how far it is from St Paul's Bay .I believe they're are no cars allowed and with my mum in a wheelchair we don,t want to be walking too far.
Hi
Lesley we are also getting married at St Pauls on the 4th of sept at 6.30pm. The chapel is at the bottom of a very steep slope, if you park your car at the top of St Pauls bay in the large car par park you can get your mum back into the car after ceremony and drive 1000yds or so to the next car park just outside Lindos by the no entry barrier, then a couple mins walk and your in the heart of the town.
We are also arranging a meal in Lindos after our wedding.
We are using Lindos weddings .com who are arranging all our needs Karen is our wedding planner and came highly recommended on this forum, we have just returned from pefkos and spent time in Lindos and the restaurants all look great and most have roof top gardens.
good luck
Paul
Hi there great to hear from someone else who is getting married on the same day, we are staying in pefkos and really looking forward to it , we are also using lindos weddings so I take it you are looking forward to your meeting with Karen in the winter. Having been in Lindos do you have any ideas on reception yet although as you say they all sound good.
Lesley
We are also going to be staying in Pefkos, We had a couple of meetings with Karen while we where there and she has a list of excellent places to hold your wedding meal, in fact she can organise all your needs she will discuss with you at your meeting, we are seeing Karen in Jan.
i think St Pauls bay has to be one of the most beautiful settings to have a wedding.
Where are you flying from and what time?
I assume your flying on the 30th Aug.
Paul
We are flying from Glasgow at 7.50am on the 30th and 15.35pm coming back on the 13th Sep. Really pleased about the flight times as we have two young children.We are getting married at 5.30 pm, might bump into you!
Hi

With regards to info on Pefkos and the Matina try this website. There is tons of info on here and loads of people who are more than willing to help out with any queries about Pefkos

FriendsofPefkosRhodes@groups.msn.com
Stayed here Early September 2004. Would certainly recommend it. Last minute booking and requested sea view..which we got! Very Shirley Valentine watching the sunset from balcony! I have some photos of inside apartment too. Let me know if you want to see them and I'll post them too. Spacious, clean, wonderful bathroom..with bath!
Matina
andhere
thanks for posting the photos looks great can't wait to go although already starting to get nervous about everything I have to arrange for the wedding incase I forget something but at least I can relax about the accomadation. :lol:
we are also looking at the matina next year but as previously stated we are concerned about the cost of aircon at the apts as we are going in maugust and will need it
Hi, anyone been there lately?Never been to Pefkos,so would appreciate any info on the apartments/resort.Cheers
Just a note re above post,it's my parents that are going,so looking for something a bit quiter than I'd like!! :D
also have a look on friends of pefkos website
Pefkos is an ok resort, but spread out. there are lots of good restaurants and a few lively bars and a couple of Discos. The Coliseum is a very good restaurant and the Pefkos by Night bar is recommended as is the bar/club opposite. It used to be called the Rock cafe but I think they changed the name to Ampheres or something similar. The locals are very friendly and you are well placed to visit Lindos. The clubs and bars there are brill. Enjoy yourselves.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.