General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Thanks for the suggestion, I'm just looking at it on a couple of different websites now, the beach and sea look gorgeous! Any idea what kind of price range we'd be looking at for say a meal for two ie: stiffado (sp?) with a couple of local beers each? or say a pint of milk, loaf of bread, bottle of wine. I want to make sure that I don't end up spending more for self catering (my preference) than half board :think
Could not really say now what with the state of the micky mouse Euro!!

But if you did eat out on the local meat pie and drink the local "nectar" Mythos I fancy you would save a fortune!!!

Ask on http://www.kefalonia.me.uk and you will get up to the day price info!!!

Be happy and good luck....J..
What about Rhodes or Kos they are both fairly flat but avoid Lindos in Rhodes although that would be perfect for honeymoon. It has been a few years now since me and hubby have been to Greece so cant advise about prices. But we always go for the basic accomadtion on self catering and we have never had a bad holiday in fact all our Greece holidays have been brilliant. We dont like the rowdy resorts either the last greek holiday we had was acharavi in Corfu and would recommend it and go on the boat trip that takes you to the caves and paxos and the wee resort next to Corfu absolutely brilliant trip.

Good luck with your choice xx
:wave: Thanks for the replies Millie and Mrsbonjovi :)
I signed up to kefalonia.me last night but am waiting for approval before I can get into the forum so will be checking that out as soon as I can. :tup

Rhodes was one of the other places that I really fancied (along with Skiathos). My sister and hubby went to Rhodes a few years back, I can't remember which resort but they hired a car and visited Lindos and afterwards they said that they wished they'd had their holiday there instead as it was so lovely. How hilly/steppy is it there? I can manage them if they're not too many or too steep, or if taxis are available and cheap enough I could walk to the beach and catch one back. :think

I was looking at the Restia Suites in Acharavi which my OH *really* fancies but they are above our budget at the moment and I can't find any nice photos of the beach? One of the other things that I hated from our holiday in Aspo Kavos (Corfu 2004) was the huge mounds of smelly rotting seaweed, and where it wasn't mounded up it was laying thickly on the shoreline attracting insects :yikes

Cheers, Angela
Hi

I went to Lyndos a few years ago and where we stayed would definitely not have been suitable for you! It was about a 20 minute walk up a very steep hill to get to the apartment from the town where all the restaurants were and even further from the beach to the apartments! There might have been more suitable places to stay though.

I also have ME and for my last 2 holidays have been to Stalis in Crete which I found to be perfect. It's flat and our apartment was on the beach so I didn't have far to walk to get to it. At that time I was on crutches too so couldn't have coped with anything too strenuous. It was a few steps down to the apartments but that was manageable. It's great for a quiet beach / pool holiday but there's also enough to do if you want to get out and explore. There were loads of boat trips advertised at the local tour places too.

Rachel x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.