Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Mercadonna
21 Posts
It was still open last weekend. I havnt seen any signs, but will ask around. If it does close the next nearest one is in Fanabe.
Isn't there one just between PDLA and Los Cristianos? I saw it last year when we were staying in the Parque Santiago/Mare Nostrum area and our coach trips went past it a couple of times to pick up people from hotels in LC.
Yes but its much further than the Fanabe one from San Eugenio
There is also another one in the Fanabe area opposite of hotel Fanabe Costa Sur.
when i was there in aug/sept last year they were refurbing it while the shop remained open...

never heard it would shut tho...
There is also another one in the Fanabe area opposite of hotel Fanabe Costa Sur
That's the one Ive mentioned 2 posts above yours
Quote:
There is also another one in the Fanabe area opposite of hotel Fanabe Costa Sur
That's the one Ive mentioned 2 posts above yours

Ok Makum, thanks. (I will not shout "TARA" to the man in an Astra when I am doing my shopping in May/June.... :oops: :shock: :wink: )
Spa
Hi

What about the large SPA supermarket behind the sunwing resort in Fanabe,we allways shop there for all our cooked meats and chicken.

Daveyboy

8)
Signs up now saying it will be closed for a refurb from 29th April until 21st June.
Hi all. :lol: Can anyone give me more info on the location of the mercadonna which is between PDLA and Los christianos. We will be in PDLA first fortnight in May is it as good as the Eugenio mercadonna :?: :D
If t is the one that i'm thinking of. It is opposit the patch to the right. where there is a small shopping centre. As you walk in you will see some escaliators there and there is a supermarket down there.
Can anyone give me more info on the location of the mercadonna which is between PDLA and Los christianos

It's opposite Electrocis at CC Abora (which is opposite El Camison).

Parking is generally horrendous in the area but it has its own underground carpark on two levels which is free of charge.

It's nowhere near as large as San Eugenio but it does sell everything that you will probably need, although it doesn't sell less popular items and there is less choice of 'sizes'.

It does have a fish counter, deli counter, meat, veg etc
is the mercadonna a lot cheaper than using the supermarket at parque santiago 5 or for what we would save is it worth going to mercadonna
Petra
I love the supermarket in santiago 5, and find some things are cheaper, and some more expensive, so it is difficult to compare. The cheapest though is Trebol in Los Cristianos, but don't think it is worth the extra journey if just buying supplies for a week.
Carole, surely the Trebol is in walking distance now???
Yes, it is very near for me, but had the impression that the original request was from someone staying more in the plda area.
is the supermarket still closed. We go in three weeks.
does anyone know if this supermarket still closed
San Eugenio Mercadona was still closed when I was in the area last week.

I understand that it will take some time because it's not actually a refurb of the shop that they are doing, they are making it smaller.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.