Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
If it's like this year, the Spring Break was different in all parts of the UK. You'd have to contact your local Authority, or ask your local school. When the Americans have it also varies I believe, so it is a bit awkward, and yes they "vacation" in the Riviera Maya as well.
Welcome to the forum Teflontex! :wave:

My mum (Phyll) stayed at the El Dorado Seaside Suites earlier this year and, well, you can read her opinion of some of the guests HERE ;)

Pippy :)
thanks Pippy, thats how i found this site funny enough,
i googled the hotel and came across your mums review..

glad she enjoyed it, in fact i think it was her who said she'd pay the extra for the swim up,

she helped me make my mind up on that very issue,

i'm gonna go for it!! :cheers
I think you'll find that most places in the Carribean are full of Americans. We had a family with us at the Riu Tequila in Mexico last year who made your head curl. I honestly don't know how people refrained from taking a swing at them. The kids were actually taking peoples towels off the lounger and throwing them into the pool, and the parents weren't saying anything. One man had his laptop deliberately soaked.
yeh, i assumed it would be full of Americans,

and its what you've just mentioned was putting me off, cos, being Irish i find it hard not to say anything when things like this happen, i wouldnt let my own kid away with it!!

Its for this reason i was hoping the suites at eldoado would at least give us a bit of extra privacy, and its adult only :tup

so its just the pi**ed up college folks to worry about if we hit spring break!?!
Well it was a topic of conversation for us adults. One of the families was in the same block as us, and we did report them for the noise they were making at night. To be fair to the hotel, they were pretty darn quick dealing with them. A lot of the problem is that they're just so loud, shouting from one area to the other all the time.
Spring break in the US for college students is usually the whole month of March.They tend to stay in the smaller hotels.I went to Fort Lauderdale during a spring break a few years ago and there were loads of students.Some were tring to check in at our hotel but the manager wouldnt allow them,
I went to Cancun during the month of April and they were non in our hotel but the resort had lots of young Americans and Canadians.
cheers Jay trip,

made me feel lots better,

cant wait to get it booked now!!
teflontex, If you have a look at Trip Advisor forums there is a lot of info there on 'spring breakers' (use the search facility on the forum). A lot of adult only hotels actively discourage these spring breakers and maybe your hotel is one of these?
Denny
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.