Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Meze in Protaras
15 Posts
http://www.kapparis.info/pleasures/eatingout.html

click the link charlie

there is a restaurant thread at the top of the page but its not had much use yet
Please note: that 'eating out' page is just a list of restaurants, many with links to either their own websites or a page that shows a photo and/or a scan of their business card. It doesn't indicate the cuisine speciality or give any recommendations.

It needs a lot of extra work, but it's a starter (sic!). I wish I could afford the time to do a better job of it.

To answer Charlie's original post, Nicolas Tavern often pops up as a favourite.

Marion
We had a meze at the Nicolas Tavern last August. It was lovely and plentiful. It was our first meze and we couldn't believe how much food there was!!
We had a good one in Pernera (just up the road). It was a tiny little taverna near the Domniki - may be the Blue Bay Taverna. It felt really peaceful and overlooked a little bay and it was perfect for a meze i.e. - take as much time as you like!

Richie
i know this seems a bit of a daft question

but whats meze???
A meze is a huge selection of small portions of dishes. It can be fish or meat based (some even do a vegetarian).

Basically you start with a selection of salads, bread, dips etc and then the meat/fish portions arrive. Some mezes can have up to 30 dishes, so don't fill up on bread!

They start as low as £6 per head but usually you'll pay about £8 each.

Recommended if you're VERY hungry, and even more so if you're dining with friends as its a very social dish.

Also ideal for testing those Cyprus dishes that you've not eaten before. If you don't like something, just leave it and tuck into somethng else.

Also if you are dining as a couple, grab a table for 4 - you'll need the space.

Richie
thanks richie

will be having some of that

not fish though :zip
made me hungry richie ,just gonna run down the chippie for a fish supper.

bluepeterno1
Marion, they may not say about the cuisine but they are damn good photo's.
You must have had a professional photographer take them for you. The angles etc were fantastic. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh yes, excellent photographer... why not do a few weddings when you're over there, Ian? :lol:

Marion
Many thanks for all replies ..... making me hungry :D
hi all! hope you don't mind me swaying a little from the topic :roll: does anyone know where you can get the best pizza in town? (protaras). i had a bad experience with one establishment when "pizza special" was a two inch thick piece of cheese on toast. :cry: and i have tried a couple of average ones at other places, but being mainly a kleftico and moussaki man the odd time i do fancy a pizza i would love to go to a restaurant where there are artichokes,anchovies and black pepper in abundance :D
there was one restaurant which was close to corner bar on same side of road where there was a queue to get in but i never got the chance to try it, so does anyone know of anywhere i will be blown away????
thanks in advance for any info :D
I haven't tried it yet, but if you can venture down to Kapparis, there's Just Italian which has had good reports.

Marion
thanks marion, looks really good, i've suddenly gone off italian now my football team has just been beaten by roma :lol: i'm sure i'll get my appetite back by september though! :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.