America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
MGM grand rooms
15 Posts
Are you using the existing beds in the room? - for example, 2 x doubles beds with the kids sharing one of the beds, if so then it is indeed strange that you are being charged extra for the children.

If however you have asked for a rollaway (extra bed) for one of the children then this could be what the $30 charge is for. Charging for extra rollaway's is fairly standard in the US, although $30 does seem at the top end of the charging scale.

Another thought is your room is booked on a promotional meal plan that includes breakfast for two and the $30 cost is to cover the extra breakfast's for the kids.
I can't help with the extra charge but definitely go for the standard Tower room at the MGM. The West Wing rooms are classed as an upgrade by the property but although they are fitted out nicely with LCD TV's etc, they are very very small. In fact, I'd be surprised if these rooms were even on offer for a family of four?

Tower rooms are very nice, one of the best at that level in Vegas and can often be found for a decent price sometimes as low as $49 per night.
Definitely go for the Grand Tower room with 2 queen beds. The beds are about 5 foot wide.

The room rate is based on occupancy by one or two adults. It is normal to charge extra for additional guests and $30pp is about the going rate.

You could be the same price for 2 rooms rather than paying the supplement and ask for them to be adjoining, but there is no guarantee they will be able to do that as rooms are allocated at check in.

luci :wave
Thanks all just about to book.
Decided on the tower room. The kids are only 3 and 1 .they will use the other bed, so it seems a bit mean to charge for them,we are booking 3 rooms so if we split them up so one in each room we dont have to pay any more :que I think it's room only, i'll do a check on that.Thanks again this forum is a god send.
You can see some photos of the Grand Tower rooms HERE It's a king bedded room, but will give you an idea of the size and layout.

Thanks for all the help were are all booked in tower romm.Glad we waited, we paid $360 5 nights thanks to smart vegas sending me deals i'll let you no how we get on :tup
Hi booked mgm grand and paid deposit.It has gone down again now and have free breakfast and cocktails.Can anyone tell me what i have to do, is it better to leave it untill nearer the time or cancel and rebook.if so how do i do this
Thanks
Is this the offer you mean?

MGM Grand 222 Offer!

Experience Maximum Vegas at MGM Grand with this exclusive offer!

Enjoy living the good life in Las Vegas!

Promotion inclusions:
* Two (2) Complimentary buffets during stay
* Two (2) complimentary cocktails at the 4 main bars
* Two (2) Complimentary admissions to Studio 54 or Tabu

Promotion Runs
January 3, 2010 - November 30, 2010

Offer Expires
January 30, 2010

https://reservations.mgmmirage.com/bookingengine.aspx?pid=001&host=group&code=mgm039

If so you will need to book it by 30 January as that is when it expires. However I would book it sooner rather than later as they may withdraw it early.

I think you will need to book the new offer and cancel the original one as this offer states, "Not available for existing reservations"

For cheap ways to call the US see HERE

Thanks for that it is the offer.
Your right looks like they withdrawn the offer ,it is still a bit cheeper but not worth worrying about. maybe nearer the time if it changes i might change,but we did get a good price so wont get too greedy. Just looking for car hire now. So looking forward to going.
MGM Grand from $55 Same rates as a couple of previous offers, but different extras

Winter Warm Up

Maximum Vegas is at MGM Grand this winter with this irresistible offer!

* $25 Spa credit
* 2 Complimentary gym only passes
* 2 for 1 Daily buffet

Promotion Runs
January 9, 2010 - November 30, 2010

Offer Expires
January 28, 2010

https://reservations.mgmmirage.com/bookingengine.aspx?host=promo&pid=001&code=MKT359
Hi luci Thanks for that code we decided to take the 222 offer we paid another 29 dollar on top but got the dinner and cocktails which are worth alot more. How lovely it was to speak to an american I can't wait to go now it got me all excited.
If you no of any good 3 star hotels in Anieham would you give me a shout. We are nearly ready to go just got to sort car and last hotel.

Thanks again.
When do you actually go? I post the latest offers in the Vegas Hotels topic so keep an eye on that. It may be worth checking the Crazy 8's offer to see if that's better for you.

The value of the 2 dinner buffets and 2 cocktails is $84 plus tax.

For car hire in the US, http://www.carhire3000.com and http://www.netflights.com come highly recommended on this and other sites as it is all paid up front with nothing to pay once you get there, provided you stand your ground and don't accept any extras being pushed by the car hire company.

We go on the 1st april for 2 wks. I am just about to book the car with netflights but are waiting on our daughter, as since we booked all this, cicumstances have changed , she's still deciding if she can go. So we don't know if it will be a car or 8 seater van. We have looked at the quality inn in anahiem but not sure yet .That was a great saving, and i nearly missed it.I'll look out for any more offers
Plenty of time for more offers to appear before 1 April. I would suggest subscribing to the Vegas Hotels topic, then you will get email notification of any new offers I post.

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.