America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Yes, they can be in chapter 11 repeatedly. I don't know the ins and outs, but yes US Airways was planned to file for it when we were in Vegas a few years ago. We knew before we went and it was maybe about 2 days before our flight home. We were reassured that it was fine and that our flight home should be fine. I think it's just an early stage in financial proceedings. Not that sure about what it means, but it's not the definite end of a business.

Let's hope Vegas survives!
I was in Vegas last week and I heard the Tropicana had gone bust and that Chinese had bought it.
The plan is to flatten it and rebuild it with a complex which includes a Great Wall of China and a Terracotta Army.

That's what a taxi driver said - it does sound possible!!

It would be a shame, I spent last Friday night at the Tropicana, it's got a lot of Las Vegas history and nostalgia - had a great time looking at all of the old photos of the stars playing there in the 70's, although it was $5 for a beer and i lost my money!

Arab money and now Chinese - that's where the money is nowadays.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.