Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Mijas Pueblo.
26 Posts
Thanks for posting the video Sanji I've left my comments. We had a brilliant day there, many thanks for showing it to us as we'd have missed it without you & Dave :tup
Truly beautiful - love the music too. I've tried to leave a comment, but for some reason it won't allow me to do that tonight :que
I've tried to leave a comment, but for some reason it won't allow me to do that tonight

Helen, you have to log in once the link opens in the media site for you.

Off to have a look at the video now :tup
I was logged in Shirley, watched the video, but when I went to post a comment, the screen wouldn't refresh for me.
You're able to watch videos without being logged in. What happens with me is that I'm able to watch the video and type a comment but when I click 'submit comment' it says you're not permitted to leave a comment at this time. That's when I realise that I'm not logged into the media site. Strange how you're not able to leave a comment if you're logged in- I just managed to leave one a few minutes ago.
Excellent video (as always) Sanji! A real 'insight' into Mijas Pueblo :tup ( ;) are you on commission for upping their tourism? :rofl ) xx
Watched it again tonight, & had no problem in leaving a comment :que
Betty Boop wrote:
are you on commission for upping their tourism?

No, but I ought to be on somebodies payroll. :rofl I was offered £20 a video a few years back from a rival site. ( ouch)!
Glynis HT Admin wrote:
Thanks for posting the video Sanji I've left my comments. We had a brilliant day there, many thanks for showing it to us as we'd have missed it without you & Dave

Glad you enjoyed Mijas pueblo, Dave has suggested the next time we visit to have a meal there in the restaurante with the fabulous views.
Thanks for the comments on the video, I think apart from the Zoo video I made from our visit to Australia, I'm really pleased with this video because the previous video has lost the clarity and definition because its been rendered and moved around the site too many times and it was captured from my 'old' camcorder.
My videos are still shaky in places, but that's because most of the time I'm rushing it because in all fairness Dave does get a bit fed up at times of hanging around, he's either 'miles' in front of me and stops to turn around, and I can lip read when he's says summat like" for god's sake what's she doing now" :lol: and he waits for me to catch up, or he's trailing behind me...... and I'm still too heavy handed with the zoom.!

I love the music used on this video, it's from an album called 'Flamenco Fantasy' and IMO it deserves to be played at full blast on a stereo system, when I'm in THAT mood, it's a good job I live in a detached house. :lol:
But getting back to Mijas.....
Like Glynis I'm not happy with the donkey situation and I recently read that they are now going to be regulated and those running the service have to re-apply for trading licenses every 4 years, with the donkeys having fixed hours of working.
They are pitiful things, I felt so sorry for them stood in the baking heat and whilst I wouldn't want to put anybody out of work, I refuse to take a donkey ride out of principle until they look after them better, and anyway the poor creature would struggle with my fat backside on its back :oops: .... there has been improvements over the years, but there's still room for plenty more improvements.

About 4 years ago we took some Americans from New Jersey up to Mijas, they were staying in the hotel Pez Espada and doing the Grand Andalusian tour.....they absolutely loved it and seemed to buy everything they clapped eyes on.....goodness knows how they got it all home.

Sanji x
sanji wrote:
Dave has suggested the next time we visit to have a meal there in the restaurante with the fabulous views.

Oh yes! Those tables in the corner on the terrace! Fantastic views :tup
sanji wrote:
I was offered £20 a video a few years back from a rival site

Cheek should have been £200 ;)
sanji wrote:
because in all fairness Dave does get a bit fed up at times of hanging around

Ermm :think Think it's more the fact that you disappear, - turn round you've hopped it with camcorder & he's looking for you :rofl
sanji wrote:
Like Glynis I'm not happy with the donkey situation

:( I was upset - poor burgers, the heat, the flies, the smell. They just looked so sad, I wanted to unrope them all.
Ermm Think it's more the fact that you disappear, - turn round you've hopped it with camcorder & he's looking for you

Me? never.! :rofl
Watch him on the video, he's in front of me walking up the street, then when he gets to the plaza outside the bullring before me, he shoots off in another direction and disappears.
Ok I'll admit that I left you all, to go film inside the church. ;)

Sanji x
It was really nice that church - well worth a visit :tup
Glynis HT Admin wrote:
It was really nice that church - well worth a visit :tup

I do like looking in churches, there's some wonderful churches in Spain, some are hidden away in places like small pueblos and they are 'breath taking' when you walk inside them because you don't 'expect' a pueblo to have such a beautiful church, the cities yes.
I was really miffed in Sydney when they wouldn't let me take any photos or video inside the cathedral....miserable Aussie so and so's.

Mijas really is a lovely place and if we'd had time I'd have taken you up to Benalmádena Pueblo, which has not been touched in the same way as Mijas with the tourists and is a far cry from the Benalmádena which you saw on the coast.

Maybe one day there might come along another opportunity .x

Sanji
Yes we like looking round the churches too. I love vista views as well. Mijas reminded me so much of the small villages you see in the Algarve that we like to visit so it was a really nice trip out for us.

White washed houses, cobbled rickety roads, little squares with cafe's - right up my street :tup
forgive a silly question but what does 'pueblo' stand for? I'm assuming it's a type of village?
I think it's 'Town' Shirley, but I think it's mainly used to describe village type communities :que
Glynis HT Admin wrote:
I think it's 'Town' Shirley, but I think it's mainly used to describe village type communities :que

Small town or village used in this context, I think it's just more 'romantic' to refer to it as Mijas pueblo rather than Mijas village and it does help to distinquish areas from others with the same name, for example Mijas Costa which is an area with lots of villages, or Benalmádena pueblo (the white- washed typical Andalusian village nestled in the nearby mountains) is a far cry from the concrete mass tourists place on the coast known simply as Benalmádena.
But the word pueblo can be used in other context, it can mean the people, inhabitants or populace, EG: el pueblo español (the Spanish people) or Pueblo elegido (chosen people) or Pueblo de mala muerte (dregs of society ) :smile:

HTH's
Sanji x
Thanks both for the definition of 'pueblo'. It certainly does sound romantic :)
We may decide to visit Mijas pueblo this time. What would be the quickest way to get there from la Carrihuela and how long would it take? I'm thinking train from Torremolinos to Fuengirola and bus from there? if this is the best way, where is the Mijas Peublo bus stop from Fuengirola train station please?

Thanks
I've done a bit of a search in here and I think I've found the info I need :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.