Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
mimosa park
60 Posts
Hi All
Going to Majorca the first 2 weeks in October. I have the chance of getting a good deal at the Mimosa Park, but I am concerned about its location. Our son shall be with us (he turns 18 on holiday) and he likes to go into Magaluf at night. Is it a long walk to Magaluf from the Mimosa Park ? and how far is the beach away. We stayed at the Marina Pax last year and it was close to all he needed in Magaluf.
All help appreciated

Thanks
Robert
Click Here for our reviews of this hotel as some mention the location.
We stayed the Mimosa Park in May 2003, it was a very nice hotel, our only complaint was the lack of air conditioning but reading the brochure they have added this.

It is only a ten to fifteen minute walk, you can either go to the front in Palma Nova and walk round the bay and up the hill or go through the back road.

I liked the fact that the hotel is situated in a quiet area and if you wanted a quiet drink you could go into Palma Nova but if you wanted a dance you could easily walk into Magaluf. We normally walked in and got a taxi back. the taxi was around 3 euros.

We went back to Palma Nova in April of this year and were 2 minutes from the Mimosa Park and we went to Magaluf every night.

Hope you have a nice time and find the reply helpful.
Thanks for all the info folks. We stayed at the Marina Pax last year and it was brill. But the offer on the Mimosa park is saving us over £400 so its very tempting. But seen it is our main holiday I just might go back to the Pax. The flights have been booked since the end of January, so we are now just waiting on the right A/I hotel to come on offer.

Thanks

Robert
Booked the Mimosa Park, to good an offer to miss. £526 for 3 persons in one room All Inclusive for 2 weeks, plus flights etc.
Can not believe the price

Robert
hi, goin to the mimosa park in plama nova at the 1st of October for a week. and does anyone know if there will still be day activities goin on at that time
Stopped there in 1999, wife got salmanella :?

Apart from that it was an alright hotel,food was ok, but don't think the poolsidesnackbar had the best hygiene, toasties being made in the morning and warmed to order. also saw quite a few stray cats and the odd cockroach around the hotel.

While we were there Scott Robinson from the boyband 'five' was there with his girlfriend and family, everytime a young girl or her parents asked for his autograph he kicked off, moaning and threatening to fight people when he he'd had a few sherberts

personally, I wouldn't go back, but I believe it is improved a lot since I visited
Off to this hotel on the 3rd of oct for one week. First time in palma nova, going with my husband and our 10 year old daughter. Can any one recommend any good family bars that are worth a visit? Even though we are going all inc. we still like to go out and about for a drink and a meal. P.S. does anyone know what the weather will be like next week?

Thanks donna.
Hopefuly warm donna

im going on the 3rd to plama nova

hope you have a great time :D
I have just come back yesterday, weather was a tad disappointing. Pool will almost certainly be too cold but the sea will be nice.
Try Sams Nr Eastenders my daughter enjoyed it here, other than this you will find a lot of bars with shows etc on, its pretty much winded down in terms of catering for families and is now moving on to catering for the blue rinse brigade, but its not all bad.
Hi Donna
Shall be going to the Mimosa this Sunday for 2 weeks. Stayed in the same area last year the same 2 weeks and the weather was mixed, but we still had a great time. See you there

Robert
we are going out to palma nova tommorrow in a party of nine,we went to the mimosa oark in 2003 and it was a really good hotel,if you have a walk into magaluf you will find plenty of bars that cater for families,we have 3 kids in our party and they loved it last time we were there .
try benny hills,prince williaim bar for a couple of starters,then head down the strip,you can sit outside and have a beer or two.
Well what ever the weather it's got to be better than here in wales today!
Thanks for all the replies, keep them coming. We'll keep a look out for the bars mentioned. Also going to see the Pirates, and hope also to see Leapy Lee, saw him in Cala Bona about 5 years ago and had a great night.

Donna
Hi Donna,

We arrived back from Palma Nova last night, We stayed half board at Mimosa Park & realy enjoyed it. Large choice of freshly cooked food. Staff were friendly enough. Cleaners came every day.

Weather, after our first day, was realy warm & sunny. Shorts & T shirts at night. Theres plenty of bars for most tastes. We quite liked Karens bar for food & Banana Joes Disco Bar at night.

It was our visit to Majorca & it won't be our last.

A.T.B. Geddy.
Hi Donna

I am going to Mimosa Park on 19th October with my mum and 6 year old daughter. Never been before, or to Palma Nova. Can you let me know what it is like when you get back? Hoping that there is quite a bit in hotel to do for daughter in case weather not to good.

Hope you have a fab time

emilyr
Click Here for our reviews of the Mimosa Park.
Hi Emily

Im staying at the Mimosa Park on 19.10.06
There will be me, mum sister and her 2 kids
7 year old girl and a 3 year old boy
Im hoping we might get good weather

Michelle
Hi all,

Well we're back from a our week at the Mimosa Park. To everyone about to go I'm soooo jealous. We had no probs. with thin walls or moody staff, the rooms are basic, but very clean, and all the guests were really friendly, met some really nice people. The hotel may be 3* but the entertainment team are 5* plus. Andy Mac and his team Stuart, Claire, Becky and Laura made our holiday for us they all put in 110% for the whole week we were there. I really can't praise them enough, they made a good holiday a brilliant one! There are plenty of activities to keep the kids happy during the day and at night. I will get around to posting a review when I get time, but untill then to everyone going soon enjoy, and if you have any questions ask and I'll try and help.

Donna.......P.S the weather was great too..
Hi Donna

Good to hear you enjoyed your holiday. We go to Mimosa Park this coming Thursday. I was wondering did you hire a safety deposit box, and if so, how much did it cost you?

Emily
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.