Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Mini Trip Report
19 Posts
Thanks for your report puddleduck - we too have had many a sausage in a bun at Caldas - slurp. Lovely little spa village. :tup
Lovely little spa village.

.... as long as you don't taste the spa water !! :yikes :mrgreen:
Did you get caught out by the traffic lights on the way to Monchique which turn red if you speed ? I though they were a great way to make you keep your speed down.
We were totally confused by those 2 sets of lights at first. Then I twigged what was happening and sure enough if hubby broke the speed limit the lights turned red. :wink:
They're fairly common on the EN 125, usually just at the approach to small villages and hamlets; if you see anyone taking any notice of them, it usually indicates that the driver is a tourist - the locals have got them sussed. :)
as long as you don't taste the spa water !

ooh no we never dare, just incase!!!

Did you get caught out by the traffic lights on the way to Monchique which turn red if you speed ?

Ah! :wink: We too wondered what was happening and couldn't quite work it out as they never seemed to be on a junction or anything
Lovely report puddleduck. :D Glad you had a good holiday. We went up to Silves when we were in Lagos this summer.

The tourist maps are great they had them in lots of places in Lagos as well. I have finally manged to put a few photos in the Algarve section of the Portugal photo gallery, bit of a mixed bunch though, lots of them seem to be of a restaurant called Artista, a few views of the exteriors of our apartments, Cape St Vincent and a beach the name of which I couldn't remember. :oops: (Photo No's 34 & 35, It began with a Z, if anybody has any ideas?)

Doe
Hi Doe,

Some lovely photos there - thanks for putting them on. Is the beach Praia da Zavial?
:D That's the one. I think we were actually looking for Salema or Burgau at the time, which we found on other days.

You disappear off into no mans land and two beaches are indicated. Zavial is my kind of beach think there was only a few families and a couple of spear fishermen in wet-suits, although I have to say the photos don't give an indication of how windy it was.

I've got an awful feeling that the photo of the beach at Cape St Vincent, (where the beach is in the background) is the surfer beach where the recent tradgey :( took place.

We stood above it for a while in July watching the sufers. It was quite impressive, even at that time of year there were great big rollers.

Doe
beautiful pictures Chris :D you put me to shame with your skills :D

lyn
:oops: Lyn, got to own up, it was actually my teen daughter that 'cracked it' :oops: .
what you mean she plastered pictures of you all over HT and you didnt know :wink:
Hi Puddleduck, :D

Have you located your photos yet. I wonder if they got put into the album of another country by mistake?

Doe
Not yet Doe - waiting to hear from admin. I think they've done a bunk :(
Puddle - I have left a message for the mod of the albums as stated. However, did you label them as requested ?

If not they will be deleted as per the note :

LEAVE DETAILS OF THE COUNTRY, RESORT NAME, HOTEL NAME, AND DATE OF HOLIDAY.
If the above information is not given then the pictures will be deleted

Kath HT Admin
My piccies are up there now....
Lovely pictures puddleduck. :D Particularly liked the ones of Silves. The ones of the castle reminded me of when I took my kids there when they were very young, they found it exciting scrambling around there.

Doe
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.