Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
The thought must have crossed your mind when booking this holiday that you might not be able to book the seats you wanted , knowing that you have a phobia on long journeys . Also how do you know that the people going from Belfast are paying the same as yourself, as prices vary from local departures , also the later you book, they could be paying a lot more than you , different factors . Are you thinking that the passengers from Belfast were able to book the seats , or was it just a case that you were too late in trying to book them .
I said it was a little bit of claustrophobia, I can handle it but I would rather not have to for 12 hours which is why for 4 months I have been trying to book seats on the flight. It's not as though they're giving me the seats, it's costing us (well it would cost us if we were ever able to book) £64, which I don't mind paying to get the seats we want.

I have been talking to people flying from Belfast and they have paid the same for their holidays, not that it should matter but I was making the point that they should not have priority.

I keep been told the flight hasn't been loaded on to the system yet and this is why we cannot book. Well in my opinion, people flying from Belfast should also not been able to book and then we are all in the same boat with as much chance of getting the seats we want.

I think there are about ten rows of x2 seats on this plane, when I first started trying to book in March there were only 2 rows that were booked, leaving 8 available, so it is not a case that I was too late to book. I have been trying and trying and trying. I've done everything I think I can do and just wondering if anyone can suggest anything else.
Hopefully you will get something sorted , it is annoying when you cant get through and others can . I hope you have a great holiday .
Thanks.

I was hoping to make the flight part of the holiday with it been so long this isn't the start I wanted!

Hopefully boyfriend will have more luck on the phone!
I think all airlines will have T&C's that seat numbers/positions are never guaranteed, even if you selected the ones you wanted online. It would be a shame for you to let this spoil the start of your holiday when you are not even on the flight yet. There are some good website for 'fear of flying' which could possibly help you before you get to the airport. Many people have a fear or flying or enclosed spaces and do manage on long haul flights, but still don't enjoy the experience (me for one). I expect the check-in desk staff will be as helpful as they can be, if you arrive early for your flight and don't have a go at them. They are not the ones to blame for the airline's procedures afterall.
Let us know how you get on with the seat situation when you get back
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.