Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
missing divers
12 Posts
Sheba, here is the link the the BBC news about the incident.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/6239191.stm

Our thoughts are with the divers and hope they are found very soon
I totally echo Altomans comments but doesn't
A search is under way for four divers missing since Saturday in the shark-infested waters of the Red Sea, Egyptian officials have said.
seem a ridiculous thing for the BBC to say?
Just a bit...

Thanks guys, i couldn't find the link and had only heard a brief mention.
Hope there is happier news soon..
Hopefully Swiss will hear more and let us know.
God... this is awful... and whats this about shark infested waters???
Another web site which is probably less sensational headlines than the BBC. However still no word on if they have been found yet.

http://www.cdnn.info/news/safety/s070107.html
this is terrible :( . but why if they set of for a 45 min dive on saturday morning did the authorities wait until 11.30 pm to start a search :(

lyn
I had nt heard of this except for a brief mention yesterday on another forum. I see though that the CDNN are reporting that another Russian diver died the same day, also in Marsa Alam, but in a completely seperate incident.
The latest is the search has been called off with-out finding them by the local authorities. However it appears the relations of the Dutch diver have offered a reward if any body finds them as an inducment to continue the search.
Has anyone heard any more about the missing divers?
Ther is no news coming out on any of the diving web site so it looks like bad news.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.