Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
HI I managed to use my mobile for both texts and calls in Mexico (in the Playacar/Playa Del Carmen region with no problem even immediately before and after the Hurricane. My phone is on the Vodaphone network and is tri-band.
Thankx Fusspot. I am on the orange network and also have a tri band phone. So I should have no problems. Pat :D
Fusspot I forgot to ask you what it is like after Emily. We are staying at the Tucan again. where did you stay? :thanks
Hi we stayed at the Iberostar Tucan which was great before, during and after Hurricane Emily. We left on the 26th July and all restaurants including speciality ones, pools, beach etc. were cleaned and fully operational except for the ballroom. All the shows are being held in the convention rooms - quite nice as airconditioned! The jungle area has been cleared up so there are not so many trees now which is a shame and therefore not so many monkeys. All the other wildlife is still there - bush pigs, lizards, flamingoes, parrots etc. plus a couple of very thin but affectionate cats! The staff were absolutely amazing and we would definitely stay there again! Have a great time - I'm very jealous
Hi. So glad everything is ok .This will be our 4th visit to the Tucan and we was so worried for them. We have made so many friends amongst the staff there. They are such wonderful people. Thanks for giving me all the info. I will have a margarita for you when I get there. Cheers!!
Please stay on topic. This thread is regarding mobile phones in Mexico.
Thanks.
Does anyone know of a company that provides a pay as you go service in Mexico (Cancun area)?

Or failing that can you buy a local sim card out when you get there?

came back from cancun on monday. phone didn't work. spoke to a few people whose phones had worked on previous visits but not this time.
Hi Do Orange pay as you go phones work in Mexico. We went a couple of years back but used public phones. Now we can't remember if it was because they were cheaper or our mobiles didn't work. Thanks
You'd be better ringing Orange as they may have to enable the phone for you prior to travel.

Pippy :D
orange mobiles in Mexico

St Tropez works quite well, just smear some on :rofl
My mums worked in Puerto Vallarta last March with no problems but they are expensive to use so I'd stick to pay phones. for more info, visit the Orange website.

Darren
Very witty today Dazbo!
Very witty today Dazbo!

Sorry, couldn't resist!
mine worked ok, im on PAYG with O2, we stayed at the Riu Tequila in Playacar
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.