Disabled Person Holiday Discussions

Are you disabled or know someone who is? What are your experiences of hotels and resorts as a disabled person?
Hi Shaz .... you should really have made the travel agent or tour operator aware of this at the time of booking, so that the appropriate special request/notification could be passed on to the airline, resort transfer operator, holiday rep, hotelier, etc.

I would advise that you do this now as a matter of urgency, as if such mobility equipment can be accommodated, it will be on a first come-first served basis. It's quite possible that passengers booking on to the same flight after you will have made their special request, and had space confirmed for their mobility equipment, possibly reducing the chances of any further space being available.

Please ensure that you are able to provide them with full details of the scooter make and model, size, weight, battery type, etc as all of this may have to be taken into account before they might agree to accept it.

David :wave
shaz I think as David said get onto Travel Agent or Tour Operater asap.

I take my wheelchair with me but not sure on scooters, never seen or
heard of it before. Any airline website I've read, and boy have I read a few, mentions w/chairs but not scooters. Don't want to dishearten you.
I'm hiring one when I get to Cyprus just to give hubby a break :lol:

Helenxx
Thanks for the replies. We have only just bought the scooter 3 weeks after booking the holiday, so will now get in touch with the TO to ask if possible to take with us. Bought it to give my hubby a rest from pushing. If not possible will take an ordinary wheelchair instead of hiring one there, as the last one although new, creaked, groaned and was really hard to push. Will I need to ask TO about this also??
Thanks
Shaz150
Yes shaz as arrangements have to be made for taking the chair. There are only so many w/chairs carried per flight and it's on a first come first serve basis. The airline should be informed as soon as possible. As I said I'm taking mine and possibly hiring a scooter there for a few days. I can't stress enough how important it is to let the airline know.

Helenxx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.