Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
:( Ah well hands up that was the incorrect link. Nevertheless, the safety video in my original post is worth a look!
The really interesting thing for me are the references in both articles to the company's pension fund which from the sound of it not only has a deficit but that at least part of its investment portfolio is held as shares in the company itself. Pefectly legal but it sums up one of the things that is wrong with the regulation of private sector pension schemes. As I read it, if the airline isn't turned around and goes bust, employees will not only lose their jobs but part of their pension pot too! Just why are these company pension funds still allowed to invest in their own companies? Or put another way, why are companies allowed to raid their employees' pension funds to shore up the company? I do hope for the sake of the people who work for Monarch that I have misunderstood the reference to the pension fund owning 10% of the company.

SM
good luck to them, hope they come through all of this, noticed 3 Monarch aircraft on the ground in Gibraltar yesterday afternoon, a nice backdrop against the rock on a sunny day.....
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.