Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Hi on a lot of flights nowadays they do not allow people to pool their luggage allowance.
We had this with TC in the summer, told no pooling, so each bag 15K or 20K if you have paid the extra up front. Very annoying. Especially when we got to the airport and we could see that some people were pooling.

Trouble is if you take a chance on it and you get a stickler it will probably cost you.
Hi :wave: Not sure if that's the case, excuse the pun, with TC. We flew in Aug and our allowance was 20kg x 4. I had intended taking 3 cases between us but took too much and ended up getting another small case out of the loft. I checked the website beforehand and I'm sure it said you could pool. Panicked a bit when they were checked in as 2 weighed around 24kg, another 20kg but the smaller one was only 9kg. Had no problems at either airport.
i always find the earlier you check in the better chance you have of getting away with it. Not 100% accuarte but does work most of the time. leave check in till the middle or end and you wont get away with slight overweights or pooling.

also depends on the check in person i suppose.
If required, you will find more info and discussion about those airlines in our Airlines & Airports forum.

David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.