Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Money exchange
6 Posts
there are lots of posts on this but try the elephant shop there are a couple of them if its your 1st visit have a look on john the map man's map there is plenty of places of interest on there :wink:
Thank you goinggoinggoa- Found the Sticky now! :P
Apart fromt the airport which does give a 'slightly' less exchange (ok for £10 / £20 to get you started) all places are about the same,so not worth chasing round for another few rupees.
Either of the two elephant shops usually give a good rate in Candolim, also Alberquerque (takes some spelling!) has an exchange place and also gives good rates, generally there is little difference but I have found that in the past the hotels don't give the best rates as in most resorts/countries.
I'll probably get slated for this but here goes. I think that everything is soo cheap in Goa that it really doesn't matter where you change your money. We just do it at the hotel. I know the rates are not good but when you put it into perspective it's only a few pence difference. Alright, I guess the people we're changing with make a little more on the transaction but unless you're on a tight budget I don't think it really makes that much of a difference.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.