Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Monte Gordo
8 Posts
Praia Ilha de Tavira - sometimes called Praia das Cascas by locals, a short boat trip from the jetty of Tavira will take you to the sandy shores of this beach. Some regard it as the best beach of the Eastern side of Faro. There is also a nudist area. This isn't too far from Monte Gordo.

ps - don't forget to post the pics, they reckon the Eastern Algarve is really nice :omg :lol:

Robby :wink:
The beach at Monte Gordo is very long ,when we were there in october you din't have to walk far before you ran out of people.But wether there is a nudist part sorry I dont know
we are off there next year DV, so hope there is a good beach although did not venture mich to the beach this year.
Fill me in on Monetegordo anyone.
We were there last year. Huge long beach, you can practically walk to Spain!

Lots of reviews here:-

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/resort_review_details.php?resort=Monte%20Gordo
As others have said, you can walk for miles and hardly meet anyone.
We walked along the beach and didn't see any parts for nudists but we did see a couple in a quiet bit with no-one else around who were obviously naked!!!!
Pat
:glynis
if you go to Spain in a taxi from montegordo do you need passports? I know it sounds stupid
It's not a stupid question!!!
We travelled many times by car and have never been asked for passports but this year, when we were returning back from Spain to Monte Gordo by bus, we were pulled in at the border and everyone had to show their passport!!!!
I would think it is best to have it as you will probably need it given increased security etc, etc.
Pat
:glynis
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.